Sign in to follow this  
TT57

mailing weeded htv

what do you cover a HTV cut that has been weeded with to give to someone. Because after weeding the backing is sticky. 

• Like 1

I have, no problem. Roll it up, sicky side in, when whoever gets it, just un-roll, and go. If you're sending it flat, a piece of backing should do.

• Like 1

I have, no problem. Roll it up, sicky side in, when whoever gets it, just un-roll, and go. If you're sending it flat, a piece of backing should do.

doesn't the sticky stick to the letters then and mess it up ?

The sticky would just stick to the back of the previous rolled part so you would be ok. I have never sent any but I think I would roll it sticky side out. so that it doesn't tunnel inside. I have had stored HTV that I accidentally rolled up backwards that got all wonky because of being rolled the opposite way it comes and it wasn't even cut. 

• Like 1

If you roll it, the sticky side will be in contact with the non-sticky side somewhere, no matter which way ya do it. I've only done it a couple of times, and didn't have any problems. You may want to cut a couple, try it both ways, just like you were going to send it off, and see how it works.

• Like 1

well it would have been nice had I tried that before sounding so stupid. thanks knucklehead.

• Like 1

I just put a blank piece of printer paper on the sticky side and give it to my customer to keep it from sticking to the other pieces in the stack. you could do this for cardboard mailing envelopes.

• Like 1