Sign in to follow this  
momoftwins

Thoughts on new GreenStar wall vinyl?

Just curious if anyone has tested out the new GreenStar wall vinyl and what their thoughts are..

We have used Oracal 631 extensively in past and would LOVE to save a couple $$.

My first test - cut dandelion stickers in black, cutting seemed to be a tad bit thicker than 631 (at least I would need to up my pressure by 10 or 20).  Weeding went not so great since I didn't have that pressure bumped up but otherwise not much difference.  Transfer taped with Oracal HT55 transfer tape which went smooth.  Applied it to a textured wall - I'd say it is slightly better to apply to a textured wall than Oracal 631.  I didi this today so we will see how it stays over the next couple days.

Anyone know if the GreenStar Color Chart has the new wall vinyl colors in it?

It would be $7.30 cheaper for black & white, $17.30 cheaper for colors, and $31.30 cheaper for metallic. That's if the silver and gold Greenstar are actually metallic. It may be worth trying.

• Like 1

Just from looking at the Greenstar color chart... the colors match General Formulations color names and numbers.   It is their  CC500 MR     Made in Sparta, Michigan.

http://generalformulations.com/pdfs/061534_GF_CC500MR-Swatchbook.pdf

To answer your question on colors and a color chart..Some software like the Flexi products have a built in color library from the vinyl manufactures for the actual colors...  These colors are the same as the General Formulations  CC500 series sign vinyl.  Just not glossy...  Although some can be purchased glossy according to the website.

General Formulations has been a round for a long time.  Founded in 1953.

Just my observation on it.

• Like 3

I bought some matte black Greenstar wall vinyl to test out. It cut great with my usual settings that I use for 631. Using HT-55 app tape it did apply easier to a textured wall than 631 did. I've been peeling a little bit of the design off for the last few days and it's removing just as easily as 631. The Greenstar black is actually a deeper black than the 631 black. They both look good on the wall.

• Like 1