Sign in to follow this  
Gateway

MH721 with some issues

I have a MH721 plotter and I am using SigncutX2 and it is working OK. I do have some issues when I try to cut a logo that I have on a disc. I try to cut a logo and for some reason the cutter wants to cut the entire logo two times. Is there a way that I can tell the cutter to only cut once. This then cuts through the paper and dulls out my blade very quick. I am also never able to cut text or anything for that matter at a 90deg angle. All my cutting goes the length of the roll not the 24" width like I want it to. In other words I have to cut a bunch of items before I cut the vinyl off the roll or else I will be wasting a lot of material. I have tried to tell it to rotate and cut the width not the length and it makes no diff??? Any words of wisdom will help. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forums!

I also own a MH721 and It works like a champ. First of all, if you are getting double cuts it might be that the artwork has outlines. Open it in any vector based program and make sure you take them out. No artwok should have outlines, but shapes. You can also find out in SignCut. Open it and open the file, in your left right hand youll see some squares with colors, those are the colors in the artwork. If your fils is only red then you will see only one square filled in red. If you see a square with a diagonal line across it, it means you have an outline. You can either go to your vector software and remove the outlines or in signcut click on the color filled square, this will only activate that color and the outline will be de activated.

About it cutting trough the paper, that means you have much pressure. I run mine in 70 or 80 pressure for vinyl and 110 to 120 for t shirt vinyl. You might try that.

About the lenght, well you have some choices. First calibrate your plotter. This is done in signcut, go to Settings > Cutter > Calibrate cutter. This will cut a square and you the have to measure it and enter the size in the software. You can use the pen and a paper for this so you dont waste material.

Another thing you have to do is enter your vinyl width in the cutter blank in the upper menu of signcut.

And the you also have to specify the cutter where you want to start cutting, there is an origin bottom, when you hit that you are telling the cutter thats were you want to start.

Also, always check your artwork measure in Signcut, make sure it is what you want it to be. If not, change one measure and it will change the other automatically.

Hope this helps.

Joe