Wildgoose

Geo Knight vs Fusion vs Hix

I bought the 11x15 and have used it a lot. The package has the next smaller two and the round I think. I may get the 8x10 at some point but the other two are less important to me. You can use a press pillow if things get too small to thread. My old press I used one all the time.

I think that was the print more package and it is or was a good deal. They actually went up $10.00 on each quick change platens as of the new year. when I ordered my shoe platen and 11x15 platen last month he said I ordered then just in time cause they were going up. and show enough they did.

I think that was the print more package and it is or was a good deal. They actually went up $10.00 on each quick change platens as of the new year. when I ordered my shoe platen and 11x15 platen last month he said I ordered then just in time cause they were going up. and show enough they did.

Thank you!  Do you all change your platens every time you change the size of a shirt (kids vs. adults)?  Do you thread it every time?  Just wondering if I can make do without ordering the extras for now.  (this is coming from someone who has never even touched a heat press before). :)  I'm just trying to get a list of the things that are must-haves to get this business going.  I plan on cutting our designs on my Q30 cutter and know I'll be ordering Siser Easyweed...but all the other accessories, I'm clueless about!

You can make do but I would suggest a press pillow to slip in between to keep the other side from getting re-heated and it will also allow good contact even if there are sewn seams near your vinyl. The 16x20 is a huge platen and some of the small sizes won't thread over it. In these circumstances the smaller platens come in handy and they are so easy to swap (watch out they may be hot) that I swap mine out way more than I thought I would. Again, I only have the next size down 11'x 15" smaller currently and the 6"x 20" sleeve platen coming in the mail this week so the other smaller sizes  I can't speak for. I will eventually pick up the 8x10. 

I use the 11x15 for small sizes and turn it sideways for the front of hoodies so as to miss the front pocket. Works awesome. 

You can make do but I would suggest a press pillow to slip in between to keep the other side from getting re-heated and it will also allow good contact even if there are sewn seams near your vinyl. The 16x20 is a huge platen and some of the small sizes won't thread over it. In these circumstances the smaller platens come in handy and they are so easy to swap (watch out they may be hot) that I swap mine out way more than I thought I would. Again, I only have the next size down 11'x 15" smaller currently and the 6"x 20" sleeve platen coming in the mail this week so the other smaller sizes  I can't speak for. I will eventually pick up the 8x10. 

I use the 11x15 for small sizes and turn it sideways for the front of hoodies so as to miss the front pocket. Works awesome. 

HUGE help!  Thank You! 

Someone suggested the 11x15 and I have been glad they did. Just passing what I have learned on to the next. I still use my press pillow and a small 5x6 press pad for some things. Press pads can be home made from mouse pads too. Used when working next to buttons or zippers like a crest print on a jacket or polo.