Sign in to follow this  
Englishman

FC8600 Cutting thick materials - help !!

Hi Guys , I'm a newb but am just going to jump and ask for help because we need it !

We recently purchased an FC8600 so we could cut thicker ( 21 mils ) materials - primarily graphics for offroad applications. Printed on the Roland with reg marks then laminated & cut on the Graphtec.

We have just updated the firmware on Graphtecs recommendation , use CM3 with multiple reg marks ( each corner and also the length of the print on both sides)  , we have slowed the cut speed down to 3 cm/sec and do two passes with a lighter force rather than one with a heavy force.

We have the material specific blade & holder and the additional grit rollers ( 5 total ) . We also cover the crop marks with a matte scotch tape as prior to that it was just horrible and we read a lot of other people having issues with it reading the marks correctly on a gloss laminate.

Having done all that we are STILL having problems as it just will not accurately follow the cutting path in either contour cut or perf cut.

Any advice would be great as I'm getting ready to rip out the little hair I have left !

Thanks, Sean.

I don't have a graphtec but almost bought one. How big is the graphic? You have all the grit rollers down? Are all the interior ones set lighter. As I remember graphtec recommends only the outer two at full pressure. If this is a huge piece then you probably need some extras down but you might try less and see if you are getting some tracking problems due to the extra rollers. 21 mil is certainly thick but I think that's one of the best machines to tackle it with short of a full tangential cutter. 

it's a 54" but the material we are cutting is only 30 " wide . We've tried the different pressure settings on the rollers but not had any success.