latech86

oracal 631 not sticking to glass

Yes I bought some oracal 631 7 rolls from signswarehouse and I have been trying to stick it on wine glasses and bottles and the things I cut with my cameo after I weed and use the transfer tape I line it up on glass and squeegee out bubbles I pull transfer tape off and vinyl will not stick. Any suggestions?? I do clean the bottles with vinegar and water mix and let dry out

I would use a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water and then let dry. You also want to use application tape designed for 631 such as Oracal HT55.

• Like 2

631 is a low tack adhesive from what i understand, and your app tape may be too strong. HT55 highly recommended as app tape for matte finish.

651 and thinner 751 would do much better for glass, and uscutter has great prices.

• Like 1

With glassware I always pre-wash with soap and hot water, then dry. Glass is typically dirty or oily. I've only ever used 651 on glasses and flasks. 631 should be sticking just fine though.

Man what about then 751 or 951 or those good I should have got the 651 but just starting my graphics business so wanTed to save what money I could

If you are doing small items like glasses then you aren't needing big volume rolls. There should be a wholesaler in your area and they typically sell cast vinyl by the yard. I buy 95% of my vinyl from USCutter but occasionally pick up a little here and there if I'm doing a one-off small piece of an obscure color and don't need 10 yards of it. 

I am doing big scales I have a big tshirt business. I own swamp dawg graphics and gifts but I deal mostly with designing and making shirts the wine glass stuff my wife does. So the viynl I have is the rolls of heat transfer totally different from oracal

631 is a removable vinyl, intended largely for wall art. It should stick fine to glass but it will come off rather easily.

I've been doing a lot of glass lately, and mostly use 651 because I think the gloss looks better then matte. i have used 631 with no problems though..As far as tape, I use GreenStar Layflat Classic Transfer Tape and haven't had many problems...