Primal Decals

im having an Issue with scalp

Ive been working on a  logo design name for a carpet cleaning company and and in my design i was going to make another shadow layer under an existing one cause i need it for a repair job ive been given to do for covering up a bad decal job from some other decal company they messed up bad ,(long story) anyway when i goto make this 2nd shadow layer, it just bogs down the software and starts a " not responding " when i goto make my adjustment on how much shadow i want and it closes down or just freezes... Not sure whats going on but i need this job done for the weekend.Im running a fast windows 8, 64 bit,750hd (with a 1tb 2ndary hard drive, 16gb ram and fast graphics on a laptop.I know this computer can handle this cause i run lightroom,photoshop cs6,Ai cs6 and vegas pro like crazy and i have no lag ever till this issue with shadow in scalp.. Any ideas ? thanks everyone..

It sometimes happens to me also but it doesn't close. Usually I'll just wait a few seconds after the "not responding".....them it returns to normal and the shadow layer is created.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind just building in "Ai" Goose,But for some reason i havent figured out how to save my arcs or archs lol( ive seen people call them both )...when i want my text to have a slight curve for like front windshields, i tried once but it didnt bring over so i gave up.Unless im saving my work wrong,,, IF you know how PLEASE tell me how to save etc  for i am still trying to  learn Ai the best i can. Thank you everyone

You just have to expand them or expand appearance if it's available when you go into the object pull down. Arc and Arch are two different things that do slightly different approaches. Just write a string of text and apply each effect to see the difference in how it deals with the appearance. Being that they are effects and are manipulatable with the degree of arc or arch they stay as an affect until you make it permanent by expanding. Be sure you like the final look though because once you expand the effect becomes permanent other than using undo.