Sign in to follow this  
joker

scratching my head

So a few minutes ago i went to cut something on my SC model cutter and i usually push the enter button and a next screen comes up.

On the next screen is as follows Origin,   Current,    On.  on this screen is where i can manually move my vinyl to set it to where i want to start cutting.. I accidentally went all the way over and highlighted the ON part.

Once i hit enter on this a noticed a little red light on the corner of the edge of the vinyl.. This light was Maybe a 1/2" from the blade holder.. What is this little laser light for? Never knew this existed.

Should i feel dumb for not knowing what this is..  Anyone with a answer would be very helpful..

Thanks

Contour cutting with registration marks. My LP2 has the same settings on the lcd and that is how you turn the laser on and off.

• Like 1

I thought that this model machine only has manual contour cutting.. Hmmmm interesting

• Like 1

I say it is manual, you have to move the laser to each reg. mark in order and then cut. It won't detect them on it's own like ARMS.

Okay Thanks alot 101Leds.. That sounds like it would be a little bit of work to do that to be able to contour cut

• Like 1

Takes about 90 seconds once you have did it a few times. Not too bad if you don't have to do it several times a day.

Interesting, I had to check this out for myself. On my SC and yes your right sure enough there is a laser light for contour cutting. Thank you for finding that for us.

• Like 1