Sign in to follow this  
Kizziew

New to USCutter, need help with connection to computer

I just put my plotter together and turned it on, installed drivers and SCAL but it's not cutting when I try to cut. It doesn't say it's not connected, just doesn't do anything once it says the cut has been sent to the machine. I also tried the "test connection" option from SCAL before I tried cutting anything and the rollers and blade don't move. So it's obviously not detecting the cutter. 

Anything I missed? Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry, I'm new to USCutter and to these forums!

I have the SC Series plotter, running SCAL 3 Pro on Windows 7

Welcome aboard, how do you have it connected? USB? Did you set up the cutter in the drop down menu on Scalp? 

I have it connected through the usb cord, and I selected the cutter make and model in SCALp. I thought about trying to hook it up with the other cable it came with (my husband would know the name of it!), but I only have 2 slots on my computer for that type and my printer and monitor are using them. I may need to unplug the printer to try it out though. Or will the connection cord matter? 

Again, it's not saying it cna't find the cutter, or anything like that. It's just not do ing ANYTHING. 

Hi, try this solution --

Download and install the USB (FTDI) driver for Windows and then get the SignBlazer application running, and choose the LiYu driver.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20828_Setup.exe

and

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiipppppppppppppp,  ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppp.

That's the sound we all know and love.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mookymyles said:

Hello, I am new to designing PERIOD!! I need help connecting tye machine to my computer. I just need a whole tutorial. Plz help me.

UScutter.com website has plenty of support tutorials for any vinyl cutter they sell.       Look for your cutter and software.

https://support.uscutter.com/support/home

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mookymyles said:

I can not find my PSN. 

That is between you and UScutter tech support. .   Contact them.  No one here can do that.  This is a user to user forum pretty much.  Maybe look on your confirmation emails from UScutter, if you bought from them.