Sign in to follow this  
DeepCutsVinylNJ

Need Help ASAP Please

Hey all, I'm new to the forums.  I've been using the MH Refine for almost 3 years on my iMac.  I've never had any issues until last night.  I was in the middle of a cut and the cutter almost just gave up I guess.  It just stopped.  I tried again and it wasn't responding.  So for some reason, I decided to upgrade my signcut software.  Updated it, and started cutting, and it was ok, or so I thought.  My settings were all off and things were cutting odd.  I did have the random line of death too.  I spoke with someone at uscutter support and he remote logged in and we tried some things, and now the cutter isn't even responding.  It does its test when I hit the 'Test' button on the machine itself but nothing from the computer.  I have the machine grounded, or so I believe I do.  Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?  Much appreciated!

He remoted in, tried some things and nothing was solved.  We changed the cutter in the settings to a Copam and to the MH Refine, and it did nothing.  He said it was possible the ribbons came loose from the serial port, so I have to open the machine up to check, but I'm just not sure that's the issue.  

I'd get SignCut support involved to try and help eliminate the software as a possible cause. They are really helpful. If it's not software then I wonder if you possibly have a static electricity issue like a blown motherboard or something like that.