JonnnScott

First three cuts with SC

I just got my SC set up and decided to do a few test cuts. I wanted to make one pretty small for the carriage(2"x2") and had a skull grenade saved already (I know skulls are everywhere) But it really surprised me with how awesome it did cutting all the small teeth and lines. I cant wait to start doing more with this. The "test" text did have some drip marks under the T but SCAL didn't recognized them as being part of the letter and made them a separate cut so I just peeled them off, The camera is a friends logo for his photography.

post-88606-0-26017700-1415047366_thumb.j

post-88606-0-77943700-1415047366_thumb.j

post-88606-0-38704800-1415047367_thumb.j

• Like 2

Cool!  nice work. I havent seen that skull logo before. I do wonder what the next logo trend will be.

Cool!  nice work. I havent seen that skull logo before. I do wonder what the next logo trend will be.

I cant imagine the skulls going away anytime soon. They are EVERYWHERE, Im sure the next big thing with the younger crowd will be some kind of internet based face.

I think for putting that on black I would of inverted the cut so that what is green would be black and what is black would be green.

JonnScott nice cuts for that SC machine.. It is the very same machine i have and i love it.. the only thing that gets me sometimes is that it is a little loud and cannot cut after 9:00 at night due to the kids being asleep

JonnScott nice cuts for that SC machine.. It is the very same machine i have and i love it.. the only thing that gets me sometimes is that it is a little loud and cannot cut after 9:00 at night due to the kids being asleep

I was cutting some lettering for my cousins drywall business last night at about 11 and everyone in the house let me know it was not a good idea.

• Like 2

Would you share that skull grenade eps, I have some friends that would love that?

• Like 1

The SC machine sounds like your communicating with aliens. I used that machine for a few months and then it started giving me problems with where the cuts started and ended lining up.

Love my Graphtec and will never go back.

• Like 1

Thats Funny. I just set my SC up and did a few test cuts. My dog got scared and scurried away. Very nice cuts on the grenade head. Can I ask what software you have for your cutter?

How did you do that? 

For 3 days i am trying to do same thing but not able to ( i am a newbie so i am learning).

There are so many small details there, i can not get it.

First i am taking your JPEG and "tracing" it in SureCuts (How many nodes did you end up with?)

Then cutting.

The weeding is a problem, there are so many little lines so one piece would pull the little line and the whole thing becomes trash.

How many days did you spend weeding it?

Thanks skarekrow, 

Just for my educational purposes, how did you end up with that SVG. 

Did you use the picture and traced it? Did you help it with hand?

Cause you SVG with twice less nodes than i can come up with..

thanks.

Actually i cut this image as well for something and i dropped the jpeg he provided in inkscape and all was good. and it took about 5 minutes to weed.. 

• Like 1

Nice job glad you got it..  I might cut one and reverse weed it.. Really never done a reverse weed..lol