express2100

Why won't 631 stick to this paint?

Well guys I just let my wife down in the bedroom! I made her one of these "romantic" sayings for above the headboard and it did not stick at all. Oracal 631 vinyl and HT55 App tape.

What is in this paint that causes this issue?

0327A6E9-A3CE-4D1C-B1AD-C76770229BED_zps

19A822DC-C0CA-4D85-A3BF-BA7970D008C0_zps

Probably the Resists Staining part of the description. Paint is often a real guessing game especially indoor variants that are attempting to save the world from 2 year olds with sharpies. 

• Like 1

did you just paint it then tried to put the decal on it. I always use rubbing alcohol on a wall before I put up a decal.

Also, how recently was it painted?  You should wait at least a couple of weeks, preferably 30 days for any out-gassing of VOCs to occur, otherwise it will bubble up and peel off.

50/50 water and alcohol mix

Clean the wall with above it may help

It was painted over five years ago. I test cleaned a small inconspicuous spot with rapid tac2 using light pressure and my rag turned blue. I figured a alcohol mix would be worse. This area is high on the wall so no chance of hand oils. I figured water was good enough for the cleaning.

My wife is pretty disappointed so now I'll have to find a different substrate to hang. Maybe a pic frame.

Stain resistant scrubbable paints typically have chemicals that prevent things from sticking to them.

• Like 1

Stain resistant scrubbable paints typically have chemicals that prevent things from sticking to them.

Some use teflon, some use silicon. Give it a scrubbing with a ScotchBrite pad, that's the only way I've found to get anything to stick to the stain resistant paint.

• Like 1