Sign in to follow this  
SeeJaysPlace

New to this Ce-6000-60

I have a simple question

I just got my graphtec, Can i cut magnets now? if so do i need a special blade? Can someone point me to the right direction on where i to get some magnets i can use to cut?

Can someone point me to the right direction on where i to get some magnets i can use to cut?

You can't use magnets to cut.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Not sure where to get them down in the states, but make sure you get the right thickness for what you want to put them on.

Pretty sure, most score them and then break them apart. Someone will chime in on that one.

Can someone point me to the right direction on where i to get some magnets i can use to cut?

You can't use magnets to cut.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Not sure where to get them down in the states, but make sure you get the right thickness for what you want to put them on.

Pretty sure, most score them and then break them apart. Someone will chime in on that one.

Ya sorry i wrote it wrong hehe..

I was thinking about making some of them Ribbon Magnets!  and some other ones for my mom for her crafts!..  

TIA

Magnum Magnetics has been recommended on here many times. I just ordered some from the Bay to try out. USC sells larger rolls of it. 30 mil is what you want for vehicles & 15 mil or so for other indoor uses. Don't forget to round the corners on vehicle magnets. I bought a cheap craft corner rounder. I'll let you know how it works out. Also, I'm not sure if I want to cut magnet with the Graphtec or use the backup MH series.

• Like 2

Cut it at a higher pressure and break at the score by hand. I've done a lot of them that way

• Like 1

Just remember, your blade will be really suffering abuse by cutting magnetic material.

Yeah it beats the crap out of the blade so don't waste that shiny new clean cut blade

• Like 1

Cut it at a higher pressure and break at the score by hand. I've done a lot of them that way

What's your estimate on how deep you have to score it?

I used 2 passes with higher pressure and it was deep enough to break apart cleanly.

1 pass blade having out pretty good with slow speed and lots of pressure. My lp2 can't do accurate 2 pass in magnet so I get 1 shot at it

Think I'd rather buy them pre-cut, than to put all that unnessary pressure on a new cutter. If you do cut them, get a red holder, and a big blade.

• Like 1

I use my lp2 because I don't mind abusing it although I'm certain my q75 could do it no problem at all

• Like 1

Anyone use magnetic sheets to cover register air vents? I've read a lot of bad reviews on the ones that are for sale on Amazon.

1 pass blade having out pretty good with slow speed and lots of pressure. My lp2 can't do accurate 2 pass in magnet so I get 1 shot at it

Any idea why? I have never had a problem, even when I tried 3 passes just to see how it did.

I think the resistance involved in cutting the magnet throws it off for a second pass not to mention the fact that the plastic carrige tends to flex while cutting which is unlikely to be the same cut after cut.

The 15 mil magnet cut just fine on the Graphtec. Blade all the way out, pressure at 30, and speed at 5. That blade will now be my magnet blade. I'm now going to attempt some 30 mil.