Sign in to follow this  
koupeking

need some help asap.

So I picked up a pretty old vinyl express grc-61 plotter, without software. And I'm having trouble finding a program online to get it to work with. I have a iMac btw. And the plotter is connected with a usb. Any ideas on what I can use? I downloaded flexi8

And it does everything besides cut. Like the plotter isn't receiving the signal. Any help?

When you say "picked it up" have you ever seen it actually working?

If not, I would seek out a friend who has a Windows computer and hook it up to that, running SignBlazer.

That way, you can determine if the GR61 is even alive.

And should you get it cutting, perhaps just invest $50 into a used Dell computer running Windows and SignBlazer and dedicate that to your plotter.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Try out the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro. The also have excellent tech support to be sure you get hooked up and running. Its cross platform compatible and a fantastic cutting utllity. You will have to design in a regular vector program like Inkscape or AI or Corel. 

Signcut pro makes software for mac? The cutter works fine he cutter a few pieces for me to see that it does. I'm having trouble getting the mac to read the cutter,