Sign in to follow this  
DSRxNATE

SCAL3 not completing cut

Hello,

I am currently using the below.

Macbook Pro with Yosemite OS

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro

US CUTTER Copam plotter.

Towards the end of the job the machine usually just freezes and the blade is stuck there until I power off and power on the machine.  Today on the other hand, it froze halfway through the job and it cost me a few yards of vinyl.  I restarted the program, I re-did the design, and I also restarted my laptop.  It failed all three times.  Can someone please help me.

How are you connecting the Mac to the cutter? Is it grounded to the stand? Lot of static electricity in the air?

found that mine does this when there is an abundance of static. a quick wipe down with dryer sheets solve it for me and cuts just fine....

I don't use dryer sheets, they make laundry smell and feel awful.  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to ground the machine to keep this from happening?  Shouldn't it be grounded in the first place?  It had a three prong plug.  So does the computer. 

I'm having the identical problem.  Please help.

Pete

How big of a file are you cutting?  Could be maxing memory.

Are you using USB? May need keyspan adapter.

As far as grounding, the plotter isn't necessarily grounded to the stand. You'll have to find continuity between third prong and a screw on the plotter, then connect a wire from said screw and stand.