Sign in to follow this  
Dowens

Help vectorizing

A customer sent me this drawing and they want me to use it on some shirts for them. Can anyone help me?

post-85674-0-00556300-1414765217_thumb.j

Do you have a way to scan it into a PDF and or do you have an intuos pen?

Do they want exactly that, or are they looking for something similar to that?

I don't have this on a piece of paper they drew it and emailed me this photo so I can't scan it onto my computer. It doesn't have to be exact, but they did make it clear they want the farm boy as close as possible.

Thank you so much!!! They are going to love it! What program do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Once again Mr Skarekrow to the rescue... Skarekrow is the king of eps files and Mark is font king....lol

Nice work Skarekrow..

• Like 5

Thanks, redrew the graphic on the tablet in Photoshop and VinylMaster for the text and vector.

• Like 1

showed it to my customer and they like it except want a more lively font, but it the same layout? Any suggestions on a different font style?

Thanks, redrew the graphic on the tablet in Photoshop and VinylMaster for the text and vector.

What kind of tablet do you have ?

Wacom Intuos 3

it has a few years on it but still get the job done.

I have been thinking about getting one for a few years, is there much of a learning curve ?

Yes. There's the concept/ practice of drawing in one place (tablet in lap or on desk) while looking at another (monitor).

( This is where the Cintiq really shines. Love to have one but just cant justify the expense.)

Like anything, practice is the key. It can take a while to get the express keys set up to be most useful and then used enough

to become second nature, then it's a piece o' cake.

I put mine in my lap and keep my free hand mostly on my laptop keypad. I use Shortcut keystrokes extensively and mostly zoom

and change tools with the tablet keys.

If you have and use drawing skills on the computer then the tablet is likely a good addition.

• Like 1

And you have to able to actually hand draw something! My drawing skills suck freehand. I tried a tablet out for about 15 minutes and I realized it was a tool that was going to sit in a drawer at my place. Kudo's to those with true drawing talent. My oldest daughter is a great artist as is my sister but somehow I missed out on that completely. 

• Like 1

Yes. There's the concept/ practice of drawing in one place (tablet in lap or on desk) while looking at another (monitor).

( This is where the Cintiq really shines. Love to have one but just cant justify the expense.)

Like anything, practice is the key. It can take a while to get the express keys set up to be most useful and then used enough

to become second nature, then it's a piece o' cake.

I put mine in my lap and keep my free hand mostly on my laptop keypad. I use Shortcut keystrokes extensively and mostly zoom

and change tools with the tablet keys.

If you have and use drawing skills on the computer then the tablet is likely a good addition.

Thank you, for the information. I may just pick one up and give it whirl.

I picked up a usb pen sevral years back but it was jumpy of course I was running VISTA so everything was jumpy. I Googled the Cintiq interesting, I think I would like to master the regular tablet before laying out the capital for that.