CajunCustom

Vector in Vinyl Master Pro v4

Can anyone answer this question ive came across this a couple times , i have a image when i go to cut it , it needs vectored when i vectorze it , it kinda flips and i havent figured out how to revert the image , i can take the same file upload it to a vertorize site online and it vectors fine

post-88381-0-49208500-1414754749_thumb.j

post-88381-0-69102400-1414754799_thumb.p

post-36874-0-35782500-1414792478_thumb.j

To me it looks like 1 should be fill color ie black and 2 should have the x symbol for no fill.... Just how I see it mot 100% cause I do not use that program. Worth a try and good luck

i think you are right in the areas i click the white then the image turns to normal but when i click vector then its white like above instead of black

My vinylmaster pro is doing the same thing. Been working with tech support on it, they seem clueless. Did you figure it out? I've tried 5 different formats snd still no luck.

1. Post the image you're trying to vector, let's have a look.

(don't know why it added the numeral 1 there... won't let me take it out, either)

Right... I get all that. I use/have Vm as well. I was interested in having a go at the actual file that is giving you issues.

If you'd rather not post it here, you can pm me with it.

As far as the "Cummins" example, it's just a matter of reversing the raster file to get the opposite results in vector.

You can also accept it as shown and delete the 4 corner nodes to reverse.

Just right click the black square to turn it on and right click the white to turn it .

1. Post the image you're trying to vector, let's have a look.

(don't know why it added the numeral 1 there... won't let me take it out, either)

Here's one that won't work for me. thanks guys!

post-91356-0-79570800-1424444201_thumb.p

Just right click the black square to turn it on and right click the white to turn it .

Thanks! This gives me the visual that looks the same as one that had done right, however it still isn't vectorizing. It says nothing to cut. It's not turning it to a cut file at all. I'm lost. I have had this program 11 months and no issues but now it's doing it to most of my files.

Downloaded your image and, same as you, Vm would not vector it. Took the original into photoshop and enlarged the canvas

on all 4 sides and resaved it as a png, in @ 72 dpi. Back into Vm and it vectored fine.

Here's the original, with the enlarged canvas. Try and vector it in Vm and see if you get the same, new results.

post-43059-0-56351900-1424446341_thumb.p

Yes sir it worked great! I'm very puzzled on this one. I've tried that in paint by resizing to 1000 pixels and saving in multiple formats with no results. Your method did In fact work though!

Look closely at where the original touches the edges of the canvas... there's where the problem lies.

Changing the size of the art is not the issue... it's where the art touches the edges of the canvas.

Vector plays by a whole different set of rules than raster.

• Like 1

Changing the size of the art is not the issue... it's where the art touches the edges of the canvas.

Vector plays by a whole different set of rules than raster.

thank you sooooooo much for your feedback, it's a tremendous help! one thing i have to question is on the moose picture it runs off but did ok. do you know why these would be different?

Likely how the software views the even or odd number of 'positive' & 'negative' spaces.

Unfortunately, I don't know near enough about the physics of the concepts to give a precise explanation.

Put the moose image up here and we'll see if I can draw any further data from it.

I tried after skarekrow posted how to do it in photoshop and managed to do it in vinyl master for those who don't have photoshop. In VM i took the heart into create/edit mask and removed the white then I made a box behind the heart that was larger than the image. I selected the heart and box and converted to bitmap. From there I vectorized as usual.

First is original. Second is original minus the white with a square drawn behind it and third is vectored image after deleting the square.

Yes, and the canvas was enlarged with the addition of the red square to where the black heart doesn't touch the edges....

I don't think the color red has any thing to do with it.

• Like 1

No you are 100% right I just wanted to see if I could replicate your results using only VM. I had never experienced that issue before with the canvas and your response nailed it mine was more to show how to do it in the program in question.

To be fair I'm not sure I would of figured that out on my own.