Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

"We Accept NFC"

With millions of customers already having access to ApplePay on their iPhones, a ton of retailers will be going ahead with adopting the NFC technology (near field communication).

I can imagine that many of these merchants will want to post signs in their windows that say "We Accept NFC" -- a golden opportunity for all of us who have the capabilities to produce decals & signs.

apple-pay-in-action.jpg

Just saw something this morning about several retailers pulling out but I didn't catch why.

• Like 2

I would think that Apple Pay or any of the companies that provide NFC capability would provide decals to the retailers who purchase their equipment. Like all the We accept Visa.Mastercard decals.

Yep PayPal Here sent me a decal with the device. But I did think about making a larger one to display.

I look at it as similar to putting up those ATM HERE signs.

By the way, is that symbol a universal standard?

13493565-the-new-way-to-pay-nfc-payments

• Like 1

Yep PayPal Here sent me a decal with the device. But I did think about making a larger one to display.

What device did you get?  

I didn't know you could take NFC payments with paypal here. 

What device did you get?  

I didn't know you could take NFC payments with paypal here. 

My post was in response to Jay2703. Just agreeing that most payment devices come with a display decal.

In my experience the stickers are useless anyways. I had the on my door and a 12x 12 sign behind my desk and still got asked daily if I took cards. Signage is only as good as the people it's intended for.

• Like 1