Josh623

Sure Cuts A Lot Pro not working w/ EPS/vectors?

On the site here it says one of the features is:

"Import various file formats, including SVG, PDF, EPS, AI, WPC"

So why won't it let me trace an .eps file? I did a little bit of reading... looks like I will have to convert the eps file in inkscape to svg or something... any suggestions? 

Eps does NOT mean for certain it's a vector file. It will trace jpg and a few other true raster filetypes.

• Like 2

Its hit and miss on what files SCALP will open. I have a ton of EPS files it wont open and a ton it will. Now I just do all my work in CorelDraw and use the plug in to send directly to scalp, then just cut.

• Like 2

Monkey, that's an interesting point you made. I have Adobe Illustrator... i think I will post in that area to figure out how to do this with AI so I don't have to buy another $500 program! Where did you get the plug in? do they make one for AI? Thanks for the input guys. 

2 minutes ago, Lil' Angel said:

I can't get Corel to do this at all and I have sure cut pro 3

What are you trying to do with Corel?

15 hours ago, haumana said:

What are you trying to do with Corel?

So I have this image I bought and this is not the only one, so I left the person good Feedback but told them unfortunately, I can't use most of their images so they asked me to upload one and they would try and help me. So I got a message back saying: I read this thread: forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/46877-sure-cuts-a-lot-pro-not-workin... and he used CorelDraw and use the plug in to send directly to scalp, then just cut.

Here is the link of plug-in: www.uscuttersupport.com/kbpage.html#Vinyl_Cutting_Software_Installation_Use . But I've not gotten it to work at all. 

Cant-Use.jpg

1 hour ago, Lil' Angel said:

So I have this image I bought and this is not the only one, so I left the person good Feedback but told them unfortunately, I can't use most of their images so they asked me to upload one and they would try and help me. So I got a message back saying: I read this thread: forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/46877-sure-cuts-a-lot-pro-not-workin... and he used CorelDraw and use the plug in to send directly to scalp, then just cut.

Here is the link of plug-in: www.uscuttersupport.com/kbpage.html#Vinyl_Cutting_Software_Installation_Use . But I've not gotten it to work at all. 

Cant-Use.jpg

What plotter do you own?

On 3/31/2021 at 10:12 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

What plotter do you own?

I own 2 One I use now is MH721-MK2, which use's Sure cuts A Lot 3 Pro.  The other Is a PCut630 Which I've not used in awhile, I can use Signblazer with that one, but not the one I'm using now. 

Signblazer works with the MH, that was the default program for the MH up until about 5 or 6 years ago.

• Like 1

Is there a way for you to verify with SCALP that the plug-in actually works for your version of CorelDraw? 

18 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Signblazer works with the MH, that was the default program for the MH up until about 5 or 6 years ago.

Can you tell me how maybe?

14 hours ago, haumana said:

Is there a way for you to verify with SCALP that the plug-in actually works for your version of CorelDraw? 

I can install the plug in and it their, but when I sent to SCALP, I get an error. I forget that Error, but it never sends it 

Installing it does not necessarily means that itʻs compatible. Have you checked with SCALP to see if your operating system, SCALP version, and CorelDraw version are compatible?

What kind of error are you getting, can you post a screen shot of the error?

On 10/30/2014 at 8:28 AM, Josh623 said:

So if I have an image like this and just want to pull out one shade of gray and print, what are your suggestions? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rkweHq-CgmNTliZEZ4aEswRHM/view?usp=sharing

Have a look at this. It has all four layers separated. Is this something you are intending to do? Open this file (either using open and import command) and have a look

By the way Mzkeeter said right, it is a vector file

Digi-cam [Converted].pdf

23 minutes ago, kainth.c.s said:

Have a look at this. It has all four layers separated. Is this something you are intending to do? Open this file (either using open and import command) and have a look

By the way Mzkeeter said right, it is a vector file

Digi-cam [Converted].pdf

I doubt youʻll get a response from the OP (Josh623), as his post was done in 2014.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:53 PM, haumana said:

Installing it does not necessarily means that itʻs compatible. Have you checked with SCALP to see if your operating system, SCALP version, and CorelDraw version are compatible?

What kind of error are you getting, can you post a screen shot of the error?

@haumanaHere is the Error I get. Sorry been busy.

SCAL-Error.jpg

Have you reached out to SCALP, and what was their response?

What version of CD are you using?

22 hours ago, haumana said:

Have you reached out to SCALP, and what was their response?

What version of CD are you using?

No I haven't, I was told by someone that it would help me. I have ver: Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro,  Coreldraw ver: 2021. Scalp 3 I think. 

I googled that error message and found an old thread where it was suggested it was a problem with the plugin not compatible with Coreldraw. That may be the case here, your CorelDraw is too new. Contacting SCALP would most likely be your best bet.

• Like 2