Monkey

Small letters with an SC

I see a lot of people talking about the value cutters not being able to cut small successfully. With a little tuning, I think my SC does a pretty good job. DOing a order of shirts with HTV and 3 of the shirts are XS child. So of course had to resize design for them. You cant read the ruler well but the design is 8" wide. The font in the corner is for the front pocket area so not included on design size. Those "e"s in the center measure just barely over 1/8" tall. I shake like a dog crapping a peach seed also due to nerve damage, so weeding can be a chore normally.

So this is just to show you cant count the value cutters out. At least the SC. No its not a Graphtec and yes Im saving for one, but it does the job in the meantime.

20141028_153142_zps9741ecca.jpg

• Like 8

My LP2 will do most of what my graphtec will it just takes more fine tuning and it cuts slower. It was also $1100 cheaper than a ce6000

Yeah I used to only run at 100 being overly anal about things. But bumped it up to 200 and thats where it stays unless super thin detail then drop back down. Usually fine scroll work.

This is awesome, Im ordering my SC cutter right now and this makes me happy knowing if I wanted to I could cut this small.

JonnScott it takes some fine tuning.. Monkey mine does the same thing.. 

• Like 1

I get that small with my SC too!  However, I run mine at 400 most of the time and drop down to 200 for that small stuff.  When cutting bigger things, don't be afraid to bump up that speed.... no need sitting there longer than you have to.

SC works great for smaller letters. But less than 1/8" for get for me. That's me. Not everyone. I just wish may SC had a laser on it for contour cutting. Cause I can't figure out how to contour cutting on my SC. Anyone with any guidance on how to do it. Please let me know.  

I won't normally cut 1/8" anyways there is not enough surface area to keep it attached. If using Flexi starter you can contour cut because you use your blade for alignment at the reg. marks.

I get that small with my SC too!  However, I run mine at 400 most of the time and drop down to 200 for that small stuff.  When cutting bigger things, don't be afraid to bump up that speed.... no need sitting there longer than you have to.

That's me, mine pretty much stays at 400, then if I'm cutting something a little more detailed/small I bump it down.  I've even turned it up to run 500 on large 6.5" numbers I was doing in HTV for some jerseys.