Sign in to follow this  
Airheadgarage

Titan vs Saga?

I'm getting ready to purchase my first cutter. I'm thinking 24" is all I need to get going. Have been going back and forth on the Graphtec vs the Ttian 2. I don't really see myself needing ARMS (unless someone here can convince me otherwise, I don't think manual setups with the laser will be too much of a burden), and I would like to confidently cut high intensity reflective and thicker sandblast (I worry about the longevity of the Graphtec if I had to repeatedly do two-passes for this type of material). 

My question is, what is the value of buying the Titan2 vs the Saga720. It seems that the main difference would be customer support from USCutter vs Sagacnc

Does anyone have opinions on this matter? 

I plan to do the following:

- general vinyl decals and lettering

- reflective decals for motorcycles/helmets (stickers and "safety" graphics)

- experimenting with heat pressing garments and other fabrics

- experimenting with sand blast masking (outsourcing the actual blasting)

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm excited to get an order in and start cutting!

Before you totally ditch the Graphtec,  Do you think you will ever cut a piece of vinyl over 25ft ?  As the Graphtec can cut 164ft  vs Titan 2 at 25 ft....max...

Thanks Skeeter, you are always so helpful on this forum! I was actually going to PM you before starting this thread, but thought it might be helpful to others in the future to have it public. 

I was considering that for sure. But I'm weighing that against the force and max thickness. I feel those two stats outweigh the max length since seams or just clever graphic design could come into play on those longer cuts. What types of projects are typically over 25ft in one piece? I'm thinking boats, RVs, storefront. Am I missing something obvious here?

Force is a number put out by the manufacturer. Graphtec is a real world number and their dependability is proven. That being said I've seen many good reviews of the Titan2

I have been told by someone who actually has a Titan that the force is a big plus for what you will be doing. And he also had a graphtec to compare.

• Like 1

Thanks Jaybird and BannerJohn. I know the one I really want is the Graphtec FC line, but I'd rather save some cash to spend on a 50"+ printer/cutter down the line and I get the feeling that the Titan2 is the way to get going but not limit myself quite as much as the Grphtec CE models would. It's hard to predict the future and my use of this type of tool. I'm trying not to let my eagerness to get started rush my decision. 

Using my Titan2 for 9 months now and can't think of one negative thing to say about it. Not one.

• Like 2

Never have heard an honest complaint about the Titan line. If you're thinking FC and you do decide to spend that money I personally promise you'll love it. Mine is used and 4 years old and I describe it as an animal, It'll cut anything you throw at it and faster than any other cutter I've ever used.

• Like 1

aloha

I use titan 2 for sandmask / monument work and I have not had a problem.

the mask i use is 129y 42 mil.

succesfuly masked over 50 markers and this with cheap blades,

• Like 1