Sign in to follow this  
mcpreacher

USB drivers for windows 8?

I have a mh721. I think it's a mk2.  has usb & serial ports, no parallel port.  This is my 2nd mh721. Wore out the first one & swore It would be the last, but was broke when it died, so....

I ran my first one from an old tower with XP I think. couldn't get it to work with usb, so used serial port.  Got the second one - wouldn't work with serial port.  Hooked it up to hp laptop with win7, finally found & downloaded usb drivers (no idea now where I got them).  Worked fine till computer crashed from other problems.  Had to have the hard drive cleaned.  Just re-installed Sign Blazer, and of course the drivers are gone.  

My preference would be to use my other laptop which has win8, but have not been able to find drivers that will work.  Still won't work with old tower and serial port either.  Thought I would try to find usb drivers first and try to get it to work with one of the laptops,  Any ideas as to where I might find usb drivers?

Or any ideas as to why the new mh721 won't work with the tower and serial cable?

I'm pretty sure I must be missing something.  Any ideas to get it working with ANY of these computers?  I've got a sign job that I really don't want to cut by hand.

Also the Baud rate on the MK2 is 4800. 

Installing the USCutter MH MK2 in Windows 8

In Windows 7, if you attempted to install a driver that was not "Microsoft Approved" you would get a warning, but you could still install it. With Windows 8, drivers are forced to have a "signature", otherwise Windows will simply refuse to install them. This is a great way to protect against bad drivers being installed but at the same time it'll stop you from working with certain drivers you might need installed. Here is a successful way to disable this feature of Windows 8 so you can install your driver. NOTE: Alter your operating system settings at your own risk. USCutter does not recommend that you change any aspect of the manufacturer supplied settings and has posted the instructions below for educational purposes only.

set ups

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads.html