dkipp

cutting problem/operator error.

Hi Everyone:

So I'm trying to cut with my SC that I just received and I'm running into a slight problem that I beleive is operator error. I have attached the original and the result, If you can help point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I'm using a 45 blade that appears to be adjusted properley per the instructions and I'm using 300 mm speed and 6g pressure, althought changing these settiings didn't seem to make a difference.

Again, I'm sure it's something I'm not doing correctly. Its seems like the blade head is catching the vinyl it's already cut, causing it to peal back. I've used both 631 and 651 and really no change. Also, the cutter is making 3 passes on the cut and I'm not sure if that's normal or the cause.

Thanks in advance

post-87600-0-90015400-1414199464_thumb.j

post-87600-0-09261100-1414199489_thumb.j

Your wrote " I'm using a 45 blade that appears to be adjusted properley per the instructions"  

Who's instructions? 

This is how to set your blade correctly to get you started.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

3 passes is not normal. Either a bad file or multi cut is turned on. If you post the file somebody will take a look at it.

To much blade my friend. Check the settings in your program I agree with Jaybird you either have a bad file or have it set to cut 3 times.

I've heard that the instructions say to set the blade with a stick out the thickness of a credit card.   Well that would be good if you are cutting through credit cards. 

Do what MZ Skeeter says and you'll be set to go.

Also check  what Jay and busterbay mention about having the software set to 3 passes.  

Where did you get the file, I did a search on Google for  "Got Milk Mastiff Decal" and came up with a couple.  Be careful they've been copyrighted.

Thanks I'll give those things a try, when my house wakes up..lol

To help clarify

Instructions I got from this site on how to adjust the blade..http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/CutterSetup/Blade_Guide.pdf

The multi cut function is off, so perhaps it's a bad image. I've attached the jpeg I'm tracing in sure cuts alot

The image I was just practicing with and have no intention of using, I'm actually tracing my own and doing something similar..

Thanks again

post-87600-0-96786300-1414234490_thumb.j

Thanks I'll give those things a try, when my house wakes up..lol

To help clarify

Instructions I got from this site on how to adjust the blade..http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/CutterSetup/Blade_Guide.pdf

The multi cut function is off, so perhaps it's a bad image. I've attached the jpeg I'm tracing in sure cuts alot

The image I was just practicing with and have no intention of using, I'm actually tracing my own and doing something similar..

Thanks again

Make sure you are tracing in monochrome and not color mode in scalp

and readjust the blade per MZ Skeeter's instructions

this is typical of some designs, there are possibly three layers in that file, I use Flexi so I can't comment on your software, but see if there are several layers. If your software has a wireframe view use that and then click on the parts and drag to the side to see the layers, then delete the unneccessary layers.

Hi Guys:

Well like everyone said, it's the image, I tried some different images and lettering and it worked perfect. Blade depth was spot on. Trial and error will be my story for a while..

I'll play with that wireframe view and see how that works for this particular image..

Thanks again