101LEDs

New cutting light, now I can see

I don't know why they make everything dark on these cutters, no way to see the vinyl being cut. So I got tired of having to grab a flashlight to see small details and decided a more permanent solution was needed.

Here is the result, it is functional not decorative. I could of got power from the cutter but didn't since there is still a warranty so it's battery pack powered and has its own power switch.

post-87856-0-27211000-1414066465_thumb.j

post-87856-0-57428400-1414066505_thumb.j

• Like 5

Hmmm this has me thinking...my cutting table is a glass top desk with a clear cutting mat. Would these be bright enough to run under the glass to convert into a light table? 

• Like 1

I like this solution a lot.  I have a desk lamp mounted to the side that I shine on as needed but this is a much cleaner look.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

That's a great idea but i still use this light it works great got them off of ebay someone else here uses it just like me as well i forgot who posted it!

I had 2 one on each side but i needed the other one i need to go buy 1 more but forgot the link for them on ebay!

post-16863-0-86228600-1414074207_thumb.j

Moody Blue, I have not worked with the white, but the color strips I've bought from them were very bright and I expect the white would work for what you're proposing, at only $16, it'd be worth giving it a try I think.

• Like 1

That's a great idea but i still use this light it works great got them off of ebay someone else here uses it just like me as well i forgot who posted it!

I had 2 one on each side but i needed the other one i need to go buy 1 more but forgot the link for them on ebay!

Hey See Jay that would be me.  I looked into the LED strip light like that but had no place to attach them on my Summa so I went with 2 of magnetic base LED lamps

Here's the link to the guy on eBay that sells them.  this auction is getting ready to end but he will relist them.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/200888572682?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 2

My area is lit up with flouresent lamps and a couple hanging lights with 200 watt clear bulbs on seperate switches even an old blind fart like me can see with my setup.

• Like 2

101, That...Looks...Sharp. Uniform light across the entire surface, right intensity- clean install that doesnt get in the way. I would like to buy one when i get my new cutter. Nice.

• Like 2

Just curious as to what is the need for a light on the cutter? Ive never had the need for it, maybe Im missing something. I have my cutting program set to feed after the cut to get my design just below my cutting strip for me to cut it off without worrying about where my design is.

• Like 1

I like to see what is cutting when it's something I'm not 100% sure of, sometimes they will have a detail that may be hard to cut. And when I'm using a new material I want to see how it's going so I can adjust speed and/or pressure to make sure it cuts correctly and doesn't waste material. Some people wouldn't have any issues but I don't have an expen$ive cutter, yet.

I just have a SC. In my experience, as long as its not pulling up while cutting....its going to cut right. Or as right as my image. Light isnt going to help me any more then that. I cut everything at same speed, 200. Used to be everything at 100 but accepted i was being too anal about my work. So allowed myself to bump it up to next speed and thats where it stays.

• Like 1

The LPII is just 1 step ahead of the SC. I figured that I should tweak what I have to maximize it's ability, but I'm that way with everything.

I just have a SC. In my experience, as long as its not pulling up while cutting....its going to cut right. Or as right as my image. Light isnt going to help me any more then that. I cut everything at same speed, 200. Used to be everything at 100 but accepted i was being too anal about my work. So allowed myself to bump it up to next speed and thats where it stays.

I cut almost everything at top speed with my SC.  It handles just about everything I throw at it.  

• Like 1

I agree the SC is a nice machine, just pre unroll the vinyl and you shouldn't have any issues as long as your feed rollers are adjust correctly.  To tight is just as bad as to lose.

101leds cutter lights rock :).  I received mine yesterday in the mail.  So far they make a huge difference for me. My cutter is set up in my dining room and the lighting is horrible especially in the corner where the cutter is. I will post some pictures when I finish mounting them.  Right now I have masking tape holding them in place to make sure they would work for me. 

• Like 1

I had a peice of plexiglass I use for my cutting tabel and I put these underneath. They seem to be brigh enough, and you can get more LEDs for about $6, this one is just $16 cause of the power source

http://www.amazon.com/HiMart-White-Strip-Supply-Adapter/dp/B00II1MN5I/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1414812038&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=HiMart+3528+White+LED+Strip+light+with+Power+Supply+Adapter

and they are adhesive backed so you can stick them anywhere

Hmmm this has me thinking...my cutting table is a glass top desk with a clear cutting mat. Would these be bright enough to run under the glass to convert into a light table? 

Hey Moody,If your still looking for a table idea for decals let me know. I just built something that you just might like.I have 2 more mods to add but this things rocks for my decals..Ill add a picture tomorrow after im done with my last mod if you want to see it ..Also i cant figure out how to post a new thread lol..Im having a brain cramp lol..

Hey 101, do you sell those? I need a small strip my cutter is only 15"...what can you do?