Sign in to follow this  
CajunCustom

Is this something i can get a pattern for ?

had a guy ask me if i could make some stripes for his mud truck , he is looking for newer stripes like on the dodge chargers  , i havent looked yet on that to see what he was talking about ,

this week i have another guy wants me to do stripes he said are a Foose Design , he said he could buy them online at one time buy cant find them anymore , im still very fresh at this but not afraid to cut it but more less wouldnt know where to start with a decal like this , he said it tapers towards the rear of the hood , i dont know if there is vectors already out for this or how that goes lol i duno ive just started doing decals for business just by word of mouth , those are easy cars are different  and he is doing the install said he did it before.

post-88381-0-16218000-1414004439_thumb.j

post-88381-0-09926300-1414004449_thumb.j

btw this is his car and those are the stipes he said the only thing that was wrong with the striped is where is comes down on the fender at the bottom it should have been straight across

When doing vehicle specific graphics like this I prefer to freehand the design in illustrator and then make a paper template to match it up on the car. Take a few measurements first then mock it up to compare against the car. Once it is sized correctly and fits how the customer wants then I would go back and cut the vinyl.

• Like 1

you can find the vehicles scaled blue prints online or just find some high res photos to draw the image on. I used my paper template and lots of trial and error to get this hood piece right for a customer. Paper rolls are cheap and wont waste all your precious vinyl to get it right. 

post-84967-0-51699700-1414011160_thumb.j

The same guy that is giving the reaper designs away, has some stripe kits (graphic files) on his website. May be worth checking out.

• Like 2

The same guy that is giving the reaper designs away, has some stripe kits (graphic files) on his website. May be worth checking out.

I just looked through the Stripes set from that collection and don't see anything similar.  The "Furious" (as in The Fast and The...) collection has a lot of hood art designs, but still nothing similar.

If you were installing yourself I'd recommend what Mopar suggested to me and use wrap tape to lay it out then apply and just pull up the tape. RTA is really difficult without a vehicle to make a pattern on.

Something I've learned with the 'wrap tape'. Leave about six inches out on the tag end, enough to get a good hold. And right where the tape enters the vinyl, take your exacto, razor blade, whatever, and make a slit in the vinyl, bout a quarter inch, just to get a good/easy place, for the filament to start easily.

• Like 2