Sign in to follow this  
Mercer57

Sign for wifes halloween party

What's with the holes? Is this a license plate?  Why not resize the graphic/text to fit INSIDE the white area and miss the holes?

And as for the design, I am not particularly impressed with the use of a medical facility, that cares for people who aren't 100% functioning in society, as the subject material to be depicted like this. I know you are trying to be clever, but I rate this EPIC FAIL.

I agree that it should have been shrunk to fit.

As for the subject matter it is no different then arkham Asylum in Batman movies and games.

People not 100% functional in society. I know a lot of those, myself included but I agree with the shrink to fit part.

I agree that it should have been shrunk to fit. As for the subject matter it is no different then arkham Asylum in Batman movies and games.

I would guess that this party includes his friends (and possibly his wife's co-workers) who spend their days & nights at Marshall Pickens Annex doing the hard work of dealing with the mentally insane. If I was one of these Annex employees, I am here to admit that I would not find the sign funny or cute at all.

Sorry, jaybird, but you are not in the category of the clinically insane, and I was being delicate using the term "100% functional" -- as you well know, the people in these hospitals are far beyond anything you may be personally in contact with as far as mental state.

Making fun of these poor souls does not qualify as being a good Halloween party decoration.

I hope Mercer57 reconsiders and avoids using the sign, particularly if there will be employees of the Annex at the party.

They have a haunted house around here at the old mental hospital every year. Lots of scary movies take place at them too. I'm sure 99.9% of everybody else will be ok with this.

• Like 3

I would guess that the reference to annex is implying that the place the party is being held is the annex, i.e., the people at the part are patients being held at their house.

It's meant to be humorous.  We have become way too polictically correct in this country, we need to lighten up.

That being said, I agree that it probably would have looked better if sized down to not bleed through the mounting holes.

• Like 3

Damn! note to all the negative PC crap! My wife works for Greenville hospital system. accounts payable, its a crazy house and a running joke among her co-workers.She asked for the sign and wanted it on the plate blank. FYI, I have 2 special needs kids, 2 special needs grand kids and my wife and I both suffer from depression and anxiety disorder.I really don't care how you would of did it, this is getting to be a very judgmental group, in the future if your heads up your ass keep your comments to your self !

• Like 2

"My wife works for Greenville hospital system. accounts payable, its a crazy house and a running joke among her co-workers..."

As a result of this thread, I've contacted the National Institute of Mental Health and asked for their comments regarding this reprehensible attitude.

I don't think they will be amused.

For those who are interested, this is the facility being referred to as a 'crazy house'  ---

http://ghspsych.org/

Wow. Isn't slice&dice always pissing people off? Let's contact the authorities and get somebody in trouble because you're mental. Dang dude. Wonder if your customers know who they're dealing with.

• Like 1

Tyler, this is nothing personal regarding Mercer57 and I am not trying to get him or his wife into trouble at all with "the authorities" ----  the simple fact of the matter here is that mental health treatment and care is a serious and unfunny matter. I am sure that Mercer57 would not appreciate it if he or his family members were referred to as "Retards" or "Morons" (he uses the PC phrase "special needs" but we know what that really means -- "idiots" right?)

Halloween is a time for reasonable fright and fictional horror.

I see no reason whatsoever to drag the Greenville Mental Heath caregivers or their patients through the mud with this "humorous" sign and I object to anyone trying to insult the well-respected psychiatric profession.

I'll leave it at that.

And to add, don't post your work if you don't want it critiqued/picked apart, because you know it is going to happen....

And to add, don't post your work if you don't want it critiqued/picked apart, because you know it is going to happen....

I really was offended by this design, and it perhaps caused me to overreact, but when people who are handicapped ('special needs' or 'physically challenged' or whatever) become the butt of jokes at their expense, it rubs me the wrong way.

Perhaps caused you to overreact?

If that sends you over the edge, you better close your blinds, lock your doors and never leave the house again. There is a lot worse than that happening all over the world every second of the day.

• Like 2

"There is a lot worse than that happening all over the world every second of the day."

That does not excuse the implied insult to the clinically insane or the professional staff at the Annex, however, in THIS particular case.

YOUR particular case.

I hope Mercer57 reconsiders and avoids using the sign.

His call.

Don't you think that is his decision and not yours?

Seems more like the old "If you don't like it, don't look."

• Like 2

Yes, that's for sure His (and his wife's) call, just like I said above.

All I'm capable of doing is expressing my opinions on this Internet discussion Forum, providing rational and reasonable arguments which support my points, and if they get rejected anyway, so be it.

Nothing more to be gained from beating this dead horse, IMO.

Rational and reasonable arguments?:huh:

You called 2 kids and 2 grandkids idiots.

I bet you can justify that somehow.

But you are right, you should leave it alone now.

• Like 2

Mercer send me the file and I'll put it on my van. All this arguing coming from someone who had to delete a bunch of post after I called him about about copyright issues last winter. Be careful on that soapbox because if you slip it's a long ways down. For the rest lighten up it's Halloween go watch some B rated horror movies and enjoy.

• Like 3