Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

Red turning orange

Having an issue with my red turning orange. I'm using Ricoh 3110, Sawgrass inks, printing from the power driver. Pressing for 45 seconds, 400* light pressure, am I pressing to long, not long enough? This is on FRP key chains. 

Thanks for any info.

Mike

What Temp and time did they recommend for the blanks? Did you try changing the pressing settings a little?

Look for a post from 2013 titled "Red is Orange" that may help you. I would have attached it for you but I'm not sure how to.

Ok thanks, light to med. pressure 400* 45 seconds, I have tried anywhere between 30-60 seconds with the same results. I can print something off the internet and it appears to be fine. At the moment I'm just printing a square in RGB 255.0.0. and it looks orange maybe that is the way it is supposed to be.I  don't know.

Again thanks, I'll look into that post.

I usually do FRP for 75 seconds but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.  I use the driver from Conde but have thought about going to the power driver.  I do great with graphics but my photos seem to come out dark for some reason.

I got to thinking, as I looked at some of my first stuff I did, it printed perfectly red, with my first set on inks, and the powerdriver v3, makes wonder about going backwards, maybe. Thoughts?