Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Free Reaper clip art

I just received the email as well. The site has been my "home page" for several weeks as a reminder to purchase some of their files. There are some really nice designs available. I called last week to verify the license rights for commercial use. Pretty straight up dude who is willing to help with anything that may come up.

I know many of you are great artists who may frown on using clipart and I can appreciate that but you guys know me and my limitations. I think clipart is a great way for me to continue learning the trade and keep some money coming in to apply towards the opperations.

At $300 off I think I'll be purchasing the works. :)

I bought some of there stuff but you have to watch because there are some copy written files in some of the collections.

also, some of the stuff is a vector and cut ready but its just not practical to be cut out of vinyl  

• Like 3

50% off everything this week too. code- BUNDLES

Thanks for the coupon code!

• Like 1

I have the collection and rarely use it. Many of the files are low quality traces of a jpg. Oh and more tribal designs than any sane person could ever use.

• Like 5

Nice collections...but holy crap I felt like Geocities made a come back. It definitely needs a modern touch.

Thanks for posting that up for us!

Cal

Their Swap Meet collections contain a LOT of copyrighted and trademarked logos and designs - Playboy logo, Chevy logo, etc, all the sort of stuff you see being sold at flea markets and swap meets by people who either don't know or don't care that they're breaking the law.

Their Music & Musicians collection is 99% copyrighted material, and just because you buy it from them does NOT mean you are a licensed to cut those items.

I wish they were more explicit about that, but they do have a lot of good art in their collection.

• Like 1

Their Swap Meet collections contain a LOT of copyrighted and trademarked logos and designs - Playboy logo, Chevy logo, etc, all the sort of stuff you see being sold at flea markets and swap meets by people who either don't know or don't care that they're breaking the law.

Their Music & Musicians collection is 99% copyrighted material, and just because you buy it from them does NOT mean you are a licensed to cut those items.

I wish they were more explicit about that, but they do have a lot of good art in their collection.

I agree use with caution... 

nice reaper file.  was going to dress up on the cruise ship as gru and stacey as a minion but weight limit for the 12 days has put a crunch on stuff= even after buying a bigger suitcase (biggest allowable for luggage x2 - it is still tight and right now we are with in .2lb each for max weight in the category.   As a fall back I was going to just make a shirt that said "go Ceiling" and be a ceiling fan . . . . .i got rolling eyes followed by hell no. :(

• Like 1

I bought some of there stuff but you have to watch because there are some copy written files in some of the collections.

also, some of the stuff is a vector and cut ready but its just not practical to be cut out of vinyl  

I pulled up some random one's in Flexi, and one of them, I think #9, has random stray nodes. Be careful to check for this if somebody uses them. Just a heads up.

• Like 1

IYO Is it worth spending the $200 on all 128 of their collections? Aside from the obvious copyrighted and trademarked images and the files that may need some clean up there still appears to be a ton of useful images.

Would you recommend another resource?

IYO Is it worth spending the $200...?

No - they used to sell their collection on ebay and you could pick it up for a lot less - I'm thinking I paid around $100 for it through there.  They also have an auction on their website where you can submit bids for the big package and possibly get it cheaper there.

Download their free Reapers collection and go through the files closely.  It will give you some idea of what the other collections will be like - they are almost all cuttable, but a lot of them are far too complex for the low end cutters (if you've ever ran out of memory in the cutter on a job, then you won't be able to use some of their files), and a lot of them would be weeding nightmares.

Some of the collections are definitely better than others - and there is a lot of overlap between collections - but certain collections, like the Mermaids in the Fantasy collection in particular, as you go through the collection you realize that it's the same mermaid over and over and over again, just in slightly different poses.  It's almost as if someone vectorized every 10th frame of an animated film of a mermaid.   A lot of those are basically line drawings with almost no fills, so they are "cuttable" but you'll end up with a lot of decal lines 1/16" wide unless you blow them up to monstrous size.

And as previously mentioned, if you don't have a need for a zillion slightly different "Tribal" designs,  you'll find that 10% of the collection isn't useful to you.

I took some time to go through a lot of their files and I did realize pretty much all of what you pointed out. Too good to be true.

Well snot! Now what? Vector art brand any good?

It downloads as a zip folder.  When I go to open it I get an error that says:  Windows cannot open this folder.  the compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid.

Also, when I go to the folder, right click and select extract all, it claims the folder is empty.  Under properties it says it's size is 14.4 meg?  It kinda took awhile to download as well, acting like a large file.