Sign in to follow this  
bhhracing

Pricing truck doors

Hi All,

I got a job doing some township truck doors with their name on them. Size is approx. 12by 24ish inches.

I am getting these printed by my friend cast vinyl and laminate. What would a pair of these normally run? Its a 7plus yr material he is using.

Thanks

Just for comparison, a set of 12x24 door magnets in my sign shop would be $90. and that's with regular calendered cut-vinyl and no laminate and no installation time (obviously, since they are magnets! )

I believe im being charged $6 sq ft plus shipping. so that's 3ft with waste. $18 per logo. What should I upcharge?

Just out of curiosity, how did you obtain the job for a government agency without entering a competitive bidding process? Municipalities, townships, counties, school districts, etc, will routinely solicit 3 bids before they award any work.

No a friend of mine works for the township and his old buddy shut down his sign business, so he asked me if I was interested in doing their new trucks. Im not 100% guaranteed for the job, but it looks like he will use my services after seeing a quote of course lol. thanks!

Just out of curiosity, how did you obtain the job for a government agency without entering a competitive bidding process? Municipalities, townships, counties, school districts, etc, will routinely solicit 3 bids before they award any work.
Most Towns/Citys etc have discretion on small purchases below a certain amount without a bidding process the dollar amount will differ among agencys but without the power to purchase/contract services on small jobs-projects or purchases would hinder the day to day operations. Every bidding process i have been involved with has usally been a long drawn process. The city and county where i live require a w9 be on file along with your license, insurance info etc. I have even done a couple jobs for federal agencys with, no bidding and paid as soon as i was finished by credit card. The guy at the Va that had me paint the flagpole said he could spend up to $25,000.00 on repairs without prior approval.

I am usally around $150.00 installed for two doors simple design and colors

90% of what I have done for municipalities down here wad not subject to bidding. I price it and they ask how fast. Then they take forever to pay.

• Like 2