nxtstep

Should i buy used ce6000-60 or stick to cameo??

Hey all... I'm new to the forum but been reading a lot of helpful stuff on here so I thought id turn to you guys for help.... my wife currently has a cameo which is amazing and does a lot more than we could ask for. We cut a bunch of vinyls or paper for hobby stuff but here comes the problem. When we are cutting small stuff or detailed work it just about always fails. Using oracal 651 vinyls can just about never get to weed anything about 0.4" or so if its somewhat cursive. I have heard a lot about the graphtec being able to do 1/4" text or very detailed work and easy to weed out. 

Please give me any input you might have. Also does someone know anyone selling a used 24" or would you just get it new? Reason I asked there was someone selling a roland gx24 for $1000 brand new just never had a chance to use it but won't work with mac. So any input on what i can do or settings you guys have had success with please let me know. I have tried changing to blade  to a new blade and tried to put more pressure and less pressure and all that good stuff.

Thanks in advance.

art

Go for it if it's a good price, just make sure to get some test cuts, preferably one of your own designs.  That way you will know it will do exactly what you need. 

I typically limit my smallest text cuts to 1/3 of an inch on large orders.  The Graphtec will cut much smaller, but, weeding out the insides of letters on anything smaller isn't worth my time.

My Graphtec CE6000 works great with my mac.  I use Adobe Illustrator CC and the Graphtec Cutting Master 3 plug-in.

Most of the stuff I do is small sized & small qty window decals, so I cut and weed a lot of small letters, and although my experience is limited to a Graphtec and a cheap cutter from SignWarehouse, I can say in all honesty that a Graphtec with a CleanCut 60° blade will cleanly cut itty-bitty tiny stuff that is hard to do with cheaper cutters.

It can be done with the more inexpensive cutters, but it requires a lot more tweaking and fine-tuning.  There are several members on these forums who do fantastic work with the less expensive cutters and I admire their patience for going that extra mile to get everything dialed in perfectly.

There are inherent limitations in using the cheaper cutters - their motors (I can never remember if it's Servo or Stepper motors that are the cheap ones...) can only move the blade or vinyl in specific distance increments and if your design has curves or corners that don't perfectly fit those increments, then you'll lose tiny details and not get clean corners.  For letters bigger than 0.5" you'll probably never even notice it, but when doing small letters and shapes it will become more apparent.

I typically limit my smallest text cuts to 1/3 of an inch on large orders.  The Graphtec will cut much smaller, but, weeding out the insides of letters on anything smaller isn't worth my time.

Good advice.

I have a Summa and cut tiny stuff almost exclusively. The problem when working that small always comes to weeding. Certain fonts, particularly cursive and asymmetrical serifs are not friendly when cut small. Even if you can cut them, there is not enough surface area on the insides of the letter to keep them in place. You can apply ap tape and weed them from the ap tape but there is still a limit to how small you can go.

The CE-6000 will definitely cut smaller than you can weed. 

• Like 1

stepper motor are on the cheap cutters and servos on the better cutters. If you can afford the ce6000-60 used then go ahead and buy it.

The roland wont work with the mac so I would look for a graphtec. You can find a used one on craiglist for about $1200+ but you have to hurry and jump on it.

depending on what you cut you could even get a ce6000-40 which is a 15" cutter. and if you go that right make sure you get a 60* cleancut blade.

• Like 1

thank you all for the replies back. The reason I dont want a 15" is to be able to buy vinyl without having it always cut up from a 24 to 12 inch...always messes up. Also i think it would help me a lot with just speeding up my process in cutting stuff compared to the cameo or something that takes forever to cut up. The main issue with the tiny letters that i am having is when i try to peel the vinyl off it is ripping off the main text as well. I dont mind sitting and weeding tiny letters once in a while as long as the whole word stays in tack. Ok great. I will be looking into finding a used one at a good price or if any of you know someone can you please let me know ASAP!. i am willing to pay to have it shipped as well. 

Another question for all of you is if you have tried to use the endura gloss vinyl? i know its a house brand for signwarehouse but ive heard good and bad stuff vs orcal 651. any help on this would be appreciated. thank you all soooooo much for the replies..looking forward on hearing more.

never heard anything bad on the oracal -  I stere clear of house brands for most stuff. oracal for almost all, some 3m and some fdc

Another question for all of you is if you have tried to use the endura gloss vinyl? i know its a house brand for signwarehouse but ive heard good and bad stuff vs orcal 651. any help on this would be appreciated. thank you all soooooo much for the replies..looking forward on hearing more.

See this topic I started about my experience with Endura gloss vinyl, and why I'll not buy it again.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/40620-why-you-should-pay-more-for-name-brand-vinyls/

Endura Gloss vinyl,  is rebranded General Formulations vinyl..  Yes, It is a house brand... It goes by many other names, Shinerite, Briteline,  EMC500, GT5,  and others...

• Like 1

I brought some house brand of Craigslist from a guy close to me. he said it came with his cutter that he sold and the person didnt want it. I can Say this he was upfront with me and said it was cheap crap and dont sell it to your customers.

Well I was just starting out so I used it to learn. I still have some. its 24" and also when I brought my cutter the guy had all oracal 651,631 & 751 he gave me. it was about 15 rolls. pretty much all thats gone but the cheap stuff is for testing lol.

I brought some house brand of Craigslist from a guy close to me. he said it came with his cutter that he sold and the person didnt want it. I can Say this he was upfront with me and said it was cheap crap and dont sell it to your customers.

Well I was just starting out so I used it to learn. I still have some. its 24" and also when I brought my cutter the guy had all oracal 651,631 & 751 he gave me. it was about 15 rolls. pretty much all thats gone but the cheap stuff is for testing lol.

well i do have a bunch of rolls but they are all cut to 12" now..might pick up a few 24" and slowly start stocking that instead once i get the unit. I called someone up they have 1 demo unit its like brand new he said (dealer) wants 1650 for it..not sure if i want to get a demo for $100 less. if anyone at all is in vegas for the SGIA show or whatever it is and finds 1 cheap please let me know. might drive out for it.

Where are you located?

so cal...LA...im willing to have it shipped or drive if i have to as well...dont mind seeing new places..haha

well i do have a bunch of rolls but they are all cut to 12" now..might pick up a few 24" and slowly start stocking that instead once i get the unit. I called someone up they have 1 demo unit its like brand new he said (dealer) wants 1650 for it..not sure if i want to get a demo for $100 less. if anyone at all is in vegas for the SGIA show or whatever it is and finds 1 cheap please let me know. might drive out for it.

You can get $100 off a new machine at Coastal Business with rebate if you order by 10/24.

http://www.coastalbusiness.com/Graphtec24inchCE600060VinylCutterwithStand.aspx

You can get $100 off a new machine at Coastal Business with rebate if you order by 10/24. http://www.coastalbusiness.com/Graphtec24inchCE600060VinylCutterwithStand.aspx

thanks for sending this over but don't really get it.... this is what it says.. not sure which price it is.

Graphtec 24" CE6000-60 Vinyl Cutter w/ Stand *ORDER BY 10/24 AND GET A $100 REBATE!*    
Sale Price: From $1,745.00 to $1,814.00

Thinking i might order out of state if i can get free shipping so i can get it tax free...dont feel like paying that 9% ..haha.... anyone else know someone selling it at a good price please let me know...THANK you all.

I don't know I would assume it's 100 cash. Usually coastal specifies if its a gift certificate. Maybe USCutter will price match. You can try Stahls too.

I bought my Hotronix Fusion from coastal without issue. Give them a call or send an email, they are very helpful.

I don't know I would assume it's 100 cash. Usually coastal specifies if its a gift certificate. Maybe USCutter will price match. You can try Stahls too.

I bought my Hotronix Fusion from coastal without issue. Give them a call or send an email, they are very helpful.

Looks like the $100 is a Mail In Rebate (or you can email it) from Graphtec.  I just got an email from USCutter.

here is a link to the rebate form provided by USCutter.

http://www.uscutter.com/common/images/static/pdf/SGIARebateForm2014.pdf?utm_source=USCutter+List&utm_campaign=c72c61032f-USCutter_Weekly_Specials_Volume_13310_17_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_78aca4451f-c72c61032f-71441445&mc_cid=c72c61032f&mc_eid=e1bc4b48b7

Looks like the $100 is a Mail In Rebate (or you can email it) from Graphtec.  I just got an email from USCutter.

here is a link to the rebate form provided by USCutter.

http://www.uscutter.com/common/images/static/pdf/SGIARebateForm2014.pdf?utm_source=USCutter+List&utm_campaign=c72c61032f-USCutter_Weekly_Specials_Volume_13310_17_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_78aca4451f-c72c61032f-71441445&mc_cid=c72c61032f&mc_eid=e1bc4b48b7

Nice thank you for that. Ya everyone I have been calling are all the same price. A few people had it even more like 1900-2000.. also found a special with a heat press.... think its worth getting this? also do you think if i end up going to SGIA i would be able to pick 1 up cheaper or not worth the time?

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE-6000-Vinyl-Cutter-with-Included-HeatPress

Please if anyone knows someone with a barely used one or something for an amazing price let me know.

update for anyone keeping up or maybe in the same market. Just had a few people track some down on SGIA show and cheapest I can get it as a demo unit is 1700. Going to call USCUTTER tomorrow and just place that order with the heat press. I guess im gonna make my 10month old some fun shirts..haha...cant beat the 1750 deal with the $100 rebate too.

Again if anyone has a cheaper price please let me know asap or if there is someone in AZ or NV so i would avoid sales tax and get it by the weekend.

thanks again everyone

update for anyone keeping up or maybe in the same market. Just had a few people track some down on SGIA show and cheapest I can get it as a demo unit is 1700. Going to call USCUTTER tomorrow and just place that order with the heat press. I guess im gonna make my 10month old some fun shirts..haha...cant beat the 1750 deal with the $100 rebate too.

Again if anyone has a cheaper price please let me know asap or if there is someone in AZ or NV so i would avoid sales tax and get it by the weekend.

thanks again everyone

No one is going to have a cheaper price.  Graphtec sets the price for their distributors.  Every now then then a deal like the heat press comes along but that's only because uscutter is throwing that in personally.  The $100 rebate is offered through graphtec because they say so.  

The best you're going to do is to jump on one of these deals and get super cheap shipping (uscutter $9.99) and don't pay tax when you buy it from out of state.   

Just got a deal from stahls for 1650. That doesn't include the rebate. Was thinking if someone has the rebate forum from them or can I just list it with their name and send it in??

so just a final update... ordered the machine from signs + banners... stahls changed the price on me this morning when they called me for a CC# and ummm US cutter was just higher than others but were very helpful... i got the info from a fellow forum browser and called them up...spoke to tina... she was AMAZING on the deal she worked out for me... spoke to craig about some technical stuff and he was awesome as well. just wanted to thank them both and let anyone else know if you need a machine try to give them a call gonna post the info in here for others. Thank you everyone for all the help..cant wait on getting the machine.

oh and the best thing of all i helped support a small business rather then some giant one. 

Tina at signs plus banners.800-635-6897

• Like 1