Sign in to follow this  
PhaedrusZen

Weeding lines cutting through some letters occasionally

I'm working with a registered version of SCALP, so this isn't a watermark issue. =)   I've recently cut a bunch of large names out in 3-4 different fonts (12"x30" or thereabouts), and have been using weeding borders around individual words with a single weeding line dropped through the middle of the word horizontally. For the first 75% of the orders I had no problems, and then had a single issue where the weeding lines cut slightly into the letters, but not enough for it to be a huge deal. Then, I had a project where it inverted the weeding lines, cutting right through the letters, and not in the dead space between letters, for about half of the name. Having to have trashed 2 projects I've quit using the weeding lines, but am keeping the border. Anyone know what might have caused that, or is it just gremlins? 

Earlier post says Titan 2,  You may be using too much speed, or/and the tracking is not going correctly and going into the lettering.

The only time I use weeding lines is very small text...And I never use a border.

You have to have perfect tracking for weed lines.

I can't answer on the invert.

My best tool for weed lines is an exacto knife.

• Like 1

Were you doing these all at the same time?  I find that if I do several different designs that my SC cutter starts making random cuts.  To work around this I shut the machine off whenever I swap colors or from knife to pen or whenever I take a short break.

Cal