Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Playing with my new Titan 3 and have a few questions

So started getting familiar with my first ever cutter.  Titan 3.  I run on a MAC so I had to use the Signcut option.  Seems to work fine but that software seems a bit dumbed down.  I was under the impression I would be getting the new Razorcut and have a ticket in for that.  I could run that under Windows in bootcamp.

Anyway, are there any other software I could use with the Mac OSX that will do ARMS contour cutting?  For Shi%S and giggles I downloaded the Demo of Dragon Cut for the Saga (Same cutter from what I read) and that software is awesome...Again, thats running under windows in Bootcamp.  Anyway, hoping to find something for the mac OSX.

So far everything I have tried seems pretty lame compared to the windows versions of anything..LOL.

Also seems like us cutter sent me the wrong application tape..AT60 as opposed to AT65 which is medium tack..yet another call to them on Monday.  I hope its not too much issue to get this all worked out.

Anywho, cutter is whisper quite and fast.  Right now I'm at 500 speed and 106 pressure.  Not even sure if thats right but my first decal came out pretty good.  I'd like to know how much faster I could run it.  Here is a pic ....weeding was a bear..LOL  Oracle 651

Look forward to any software suggestions for ARMS cutting...

EDIT...Yes, Retired Devil Dog!

post-88484-0-14626800-1413682503_thumb.j

• Like 3

nice work . . .  on speed and pressure it is more what works than what others use as every machine and material is slightly different

• Like 2

nice work . . .  on speed and pressure it is more what works than what others use as every machine and material is slightly different

Yea, i was looking at the paper underneath the decal and its barely scratched...I think I have it pegged!

that is your best indicator - we get a lot of former cricut owners that get over focused on numbers and not  on the real indicators like that.  in this forum you find everyone has different cutters from many manufacturers and lots of different material - heck even the same model of cutters have been known to go thru different firmware/motherboard combo and are different so it isn't like a cricut forum where everyone has the same machine made the same place and basically using the same materials.

• Like 2

Now I just need some decent software.  I'm hoping us cutter (yea I know) sends me the Razorcut Software and lets me send back this sign cut.

I use SignCut  Pro and love it so I don't know what you are looking for that you're not getting. I don't have a titan and each set of drivers are probably a little different being for specific machines. My Summa contour cuts fine with SignCut Pro. Without a large format printer I don't really utilize that option much but it works fine. SignCut is strictly a cutting program and you have to design elsewhere, I use Illustrator. 

Not as many options for cutting on mac and almost none at all that are cross platform compatible like SignCut is. I design on my mac and actually cut from a windows 7 laptop mostly out of convenience of room layout in my workspace. 

• Like 2

I use SignCut  Pro and love it so I don't know what you are looking for that you're not getting. I don't have a titan and each set of drivers are probably a little different being for specific machines. My Summa contour cuts fine with SignCut Pro. Without a large format printer I don't really utilize that option much but it works fine. SignCut is strictly a cutting program and you have to design elsewhere, I use Illustrator. 

Not as many options for cutting on mac and almost none at all that are cross platform compatible like SignCut is. I design on my mac and actually cut from a windows 7 laptop mostly out of convenience of room layout in my workspace. 

Wildgoose...thats what I want to hear.  However.  I don't think Signcut can use the ARMS feature that the Titan3 has.  So for that it does me no good.  I need something that can take advantage of that feature.  So, I'm hoping you will tell me it does and can explain how...that would make my day!

The best thing for you to do is contact SignCut tech support. When I upgraded from my Creation P-Cut to my new Summa I tried out the cutting software that Summa had and decided that I preferred SignCut Pro. At the time SignCut did't have a driver for my SummaCut D75R because it was a fairly new model. I got hold of the live support and they wrote me a new set of drivers. At first the drivers didn't work with the optical positioning system (called OPUS) but they kept at it until I was up and running. 

Summa evidently goes about their programming differently that the rest of the world because SignCut finally went ahead and purchased their own Summa cutter to get things running exactly right. I don't know if I have ever been involved with a company that showed this kind of one-on-one customer care. My hat goes off to them for that kind of commitment. So I guess what I am saying is that I am 100% confident that if the drivers you are using right now are not working they WILL figure it out and get you going. The gal who helped me was Therese Lofstrom in Sweden. Those people are in a different time zone that we are here but we worked through it just fine. Good luck!  

• Like 1

For full ARMS support only RazorCut will operate the Titan 3 correctly and will work running Bootcamp quite well...