parabellum1130

need help !!!

recently I found out that a lot of the decals I have , have gotten wet/damp while storing them,

prob about 20 I threw away because it seemed to be having mold start

now some were fairly dry but damp others severely damp ...

all have been made with greenstar vinyl and are single layer/color

they all have clear transfer tape

and i have layed them out transfer tape down around the room in an attempt to dry them out ....

will they still be good after they dry thoroughly or am I just wasting my time and lost about 250 decals

I think your fighting a loosing battle on this one. Possibility of having mold spores on them would make me toss the batch. :-[

You could try, not sure if the backing will curl or shrink as they dry.

Those decal are more than likely trash.. I had a few sitting around that had transfer tape on them and when i went to check them out the backing was pretty much stuck to the tape and they never got wet...   

sigh .... does anyone have any suggestions to store decals so that I don't have this happen again ....

this decimated pretty much all my stock

I am very busy with orders and only cut  the decals as I sell the item...  I never store anything.  And I would guess the clear plastic tape will draw and hold moisture....  I only use paper tape. 

i have also been looking at options myself for that have a few extras cut here and there and dont want them to be ruined

what I do when people order from me ...

I have 2ft wide vinyl so instead of having small pieces left over I just cut random silhouette of thing

an attempt at pushing an impulse buy ...

I push a decent amount of impulse buys but still have handful of not so popular decals but really didn't want to waste them

was going to post on web pages at like 1 or 2 bucks ea. that's when I noticed box was wet and also me paracord jig wet on bottom end

guess with all the rain here lately it seeping threw my cement wall n being hidden by carpet 

If you store them without application tape on it should help, then just tape them up when they sell.

• Like 1

Just a side note.... if your decals show mold and your walls/carpet got wet too.....watch for mold there.....good luck