Sign in to follow this  
shabbyblackdog

First time equipment order and Frustrated

I have been ordering from USCutter for a while, just vinyl and transfer tape for using with my Silhouette I got from another company. I have been really satisfied with all the levels of service for those orders. Recently I started thinking of upgrading my vinyl cutter to something that would last longer and I could grow into. I didn't really research other companies from my personal experience with and the reviews on the customer service from USCutter. 

Originally I have tried using the "Live Chat" to get some questions answered prior to ordering, which timed out and asked me to send and email instead, which have never got a response from. I went ahead and ordered. I received my heat press first and got it set up. I was excited and went ahead and cut a pressed something with out really knowing what I was doing. (I had watched several youtube videos, so had an idea). I looked online for some sort of User Manual for the Deco Heat press and came up empty. I just wanted to know how to adjust pressure and all that, without all the trial and error of figuring it out myself.  The next day I tried "Live Chat" again and again it timed out. So I called, after asking for a User Manual I was put on hold while he could hunt one down, he came back unsuccessful. He asked if he could keep looking and call back when he found one and he could send it to me. I gave him my email address, so he could send it to me, I have yet to see it. 

I got my vinyl cutter on Monday and worked on getting it all set up. I have a Mac and could not find a driver, or any info on a driver. As my computer was not finding it automatically. I did install SCAL that came with it and was able to connect that way. It would be nice if there was something that stated that there is not a specific Mac driver, maybe in the driver section.  I wanted to verify that there wasn't a Mac driver that I was just missing somewhere, so once again I went to "Live Chat" and once again it timed out so I sent another email asking about a driver for Mac. I still have not received a response. 

I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to get the material lined up to feed properly, I realized after comparing my cutter to the Titan cutter in the instructional video that the ruler guide that is on the front and the back of the cutter, in the video the one in the back is put on upside down so that it reads from 0 on the right when you look at it from over the top and coincides with the ruler on the front which also reads from 0 on the right. My cutter the ruler on the back is on right side up so that it reads from 0 on the left. 

I called support this morning, first I asked about the Mac driver, which I told there wasn't one. Then I tried explaining the ruler situation and asked if they could send me one I could stick on over the top of the other one, which I was told that the cutters are made in China and they don't get those parts in to replace. But I could put a piece of tape down to make sure my material is feeding properly. Which is a fine idea, except that I just spent $1000 on a machine that I have to find a work around because it didn't get manufactured properly? Third I asked about a user manual for the Deco Heat Press and first he asked if I was sure I bought it from USCutter, then I was put on hold for quite some time and ended up having to hang up because I am at work and had been on the phone for 22 minutes at that point.

I work until 4 pacific time and the window to call customer service is minimal outside of my work time. I usually rely on chat and email when I can, but with have been unsuccessful getting any help through those outlets. 

I am not one to write complaints, however after spending what is quite a lot of money for me, I am feeling frustrated not begin able to get any help or follow through. 

Dear Shabby, forget about the rulers..  I bought a $3000 Graphtec that don't have ANY rulers. Didn't use on value cutter either. .  You  don't need one.. I don't line anything up...I just make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance on edge of vinyl. These cutters are so much more precise with tracking, you don't need to look at anything... Load the vinyl straight, prefeed it, hit origin and hit CUT.  Life is so much more easier with a higher performance cutter.  Actually when you prefeed the vinyl, the pinch rollers create a track in the vinyl to follow.

sorry about the user manual for the press.

I have never heard of the ONLINE CHAT ever working..  in years   Does it?    I have never heard of any one using it either   .sorry.....

If you need a user manual for Titan cutter here it is, right from the USCutter website support

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/vinyl-cutters/titan-guide/TITAN_Manual.pdf

Enjoy your machines. ;D

• Like 1

What she said and honestly I never relied on the ruler on my budget cutters either. Still sorry to hear about your frustration with support. I only call that eay I know at some point I'll get a person on the phone

Thank you so much for the responses. I know I will get it all figured out as I start to use everything and get the hang of it. I just had/have some frustration and needed to vent a little. :)

I have a metal file cabinet that I use to vent. We all need some kind of outlet.

The only ruler I use is the one in my nail pouch lol ... I have a pcut and I do as Mz Sketter said I prefeed and adjust if needed before I start a cut and it works well your Titan should track very well from the reviews I have read.

• Like 1

I have the titan2; took a while to get the settings correct, but stepping up from a craft cutter to a quality cutter was well worth me pulling out my hair.

And my ruler is "wrong" too, good thing I don't use it.

• Like 3

Last night I had more time to play around. I took your guys' advise and ignored the rulers, and didn't have any problems! I've done a lot of vinyl cutting with my craft cutter, but never really played with HTV before. I watched some youtube videos and searched the internet for learning about pressure with the heat press. Thank you for the encouragement and input. I was able to feel more at ease with my purchase, and am so much happier with the Titan vs Cameo, in just this short time.  I am attaching a picture of my projects I worked on last night. Thank you AGAIN! 

• Like 2