I've owned both and they look different. Not a fan of the lp2 head either, all plastic. The 2 cutter are made by different companies also.

Very doubtful. Even though they share the name that USC gave them they were built by two different companies.

I think the lp1 is a creation and the lp2 is a lilu or something like that  - so I agree with all those above 

From my intensive research, the PCut replacement carriage is an exact match of the LP1 yet manufactured in metal.

Thus preventing the future headache of stress cracks in plastic.

When I search for this on here all I see is that it is impossible to find a replacement. But it looks like it's actually an upgrade.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Towards the end of the lp1 run uscutter was selling metal replacement carriages. Mine cracked by the upper guide wheel but I super glued it and it was working right up until the replacement came in. To me the LP2 looks worse than the original LP1 carriage.

I was foolish and ordered too quickly, the replacement for the PCut models is the metal version of LP1.

Which is great because it's metal. I hope that replacing this will bring a brand new life into my old girl!