Monkey

Fluorescent vinyl

I have a client that orders a lot from me wanting Fluorescent vinyl on a windshield. Ive hunted and everything says 6 months to a year life and not recommended outdoors (Oracal, Avery, Mactac, Greenstar etc). Is there one out there Im not seeing? I know in the 80's /90's they used a lot of Fluorescent colors on dirt bikes, 3/4 wheelers and the such. Is it just not a realistic option?

Fluorescent "glows" because of it's reaction to UV light. Consequently, the vinyl does not have UV protection and it fades rapidly.

Mine was at a year on my jeep and other than the hood it was still respectable. Used oracal

If they don't need it for a Black light effect and just the bright color you could put a UV blocking film over it to extend the life.

Thanks everyone. I told them about the life expectancy of it and they are deciding to do it anyway or just go with a normal pink. Its for a windshield banner so I dont think Id trust a 2nd layer like that. Probably hold up fine but theres the chance it wont and dont want it to look bad. This is going to be a very "public" vehicle.