Sign in to follow this  
THEJTINS

TYPING ON A PATH

I need to add font to the bottom of a circle in scalp3. but it always types with the bottom of the letter touching the path/circle. Is htere a way ti invert text when typing so that the letters in essence would hang from the bottom of the circle from their tops rather than their bottoms?

What does the HELP menu in ScalPro say about this function?

In SignBlazer, the function of Text Follow Arc (TEXT menu) provides for "Above/Below" and "Clockwise/Counterclockwise"

I figured it  out. What a pain in the A$$ SCALP3 can be for some of the simplest things.

Please post up the answer for us...

Thanks,

Cal

select the path you want to type on. right click and select transform then rotate. it will have your trxt move to the underside rather than the top. then you can right click and flip it. it'll take some tinkering with and probably a  "how'd I do that" moment but it'll happen.

• Like 1

I've found that SCALP screws up alignment of letters when text on path is used. Notice how some of the letters in the above image don't align up correctly on the bottom.

Inkscape handles text on path much better.

That is one thing I wish it would do better.  You can rotate the letters as a group or individually if you need to.   

I'm new to this. But I wanted to do a simple logo with a low curve arch for the first line for the company name. Then straight across for the phone number. The only arch I have is a half circle. After hours with SCALP and ink(something) I gave up.. I went into my embroidery software, typed the company name, arched it perfectly, print screened, and pasted it into my photo program. I saved the pic, then traced it into SCALP. Best idea I've had. Sounds like a lot, but can do a simple logo in under 5 minutes with that perfect arch. A simple embroidery digitizing program (that does different skewing, of course) could help. I use a higher priced program, but there's some that you can get free, or download a free trial. I'll see if I can post a photo of a decal with an arch.

Its not a big arch. But I guess its what I'm used to for company logos and hat designs, and shirts. And I sure couldn't get the result from anything I tried.

post-88450-0-46979200-1413549890_thumb.j