jessefisher4

Chromablast

I recently inherited a Ricoh printer with chromablast inks. I have a job for our church youth group for some black shirts. The paper that came with the printer is the chromablast paper for light colors.

So my question is which opaque paper can I use with the chromablast inks? Or should I scrap the chromablast idea all together? (Inks have never been ran through the printer)

Thanks in advance for the help!

I also have the factory inks for the printer if that gives me any added benefit. Neither ink has been ran through the printer. Still brand new.

I'm not super familiar with Chromablast, but if it's anything like sublimation, it doesn't work well on dark shirts, especially black - it'll be like running black paper through a color printer.

There is specialty transfer paper for real sublimation that will let you put designs on black shirts, but you're really sublimating onto a white substrate that is heat pressed to a black shirt, so it's not true sublimation...

I'm sure someone here knows more about it than I do and can give you a definite answer.

• Like 1

thanks OW I appreciate it!

I have read on sublimation and chromablast and know they are different things but then I start to get confused lol

I know people talk about using 3G opaque for darks. I just don't know if the chromablast inks will play nice with something like that.

I know people talk about using 3G opaque for darks. I just don't know if the chromablast inks will play nice with something like that.

No clue.  How many shirts are you wanting/needing to make?  It might make more sense to outsource the job if it's small rather than risk loading up the printer with ink you might not use...

researching this I found this article interesting.  although now from the ink manufacturer looks like people do it - you just won't get that no transfer feel like using chromoblast paper on light shirt - it will have a heavier hand where chromoblast on lights have almost no hand after 1 wash.

http://store.myenmart.com/chromadark-3g-jet-opaque-transfer-paper-for-dark-colors-11-x-17-10-sheets-p3902.aspx

Thank you Dakota! That's what I was looking for!

I watched a youtube video from uscutter where they talked about chromablast on dark colored garments but never said what the paper was.

I will give this stuff a try and report my findings for sure!

Thanks OW for your help too. I wanted to try and use the inks I had since I am donating these shirts to the church. The artwork is something drawn by one of the youth. Just had too many colors to try and layer so much HTV.

Been gone a while and been busy! The wife and I just had our baby girl in November so have been renovating and adjusting to the new little one.

Anyhow I did get the paper for this project. Looks like even though they labeled it chromadark online when I got it it was regular 3g opaque paper. Still seemed to work fine with the chromablast inks though.

Thanks to all again for the help!