VolleyChick

Fonts disappeared

I have a laptop but I don't really want to have to keep it set up just for the cutter. Is there another software program I could use? 

Did you try right clicking on the SignBlazer icon and run as administrator?

I don't use SignBlazer, so i'm not familiar with it but i know i've had to do that with my Font Manager.

• Like 1

I hate to stick my nose into this, but...

There could be two problems here. One, fonts. Two, SB.

For fonts: Do you have any other truetype fonts installed? Do you have any other program that uses fonts and will display those truetype fonts? These are fontname.ttf fonts (fontname or course can be anything). If you can see and use any truetype fonts in any other program, then it's not a font problem.

SB: Since you re-installed, I cana'y see why the problem exists unless there are other problems that you didn't notice. I would take a look at folder permissions and security. Of course the advice above about running as admin should solve this right away. But you can use a file manager to locate the SB install folder. This would normally be "c:\Program Files\Cutting Tehnologies\Signblazer Elements". If you right-click on the Signblazer Elements folder and choose "Properties" from that menu, you can then select permission or security. Security is really what you want. It will display what users have the permissions to use this folder. If you select the Advance option, you can add users or groups from a selection. To check this out the easy way, add "Everyone" and give that use full contol. There is an option to have sub folders inherit these permission from the parent. That would give these permissions to the font folder also. You can see a uick and probbaly better explained method here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/default-security-permissions-for-windows-8-pro/df572d56-10e0-4e16-84eb-2e9d6976ae21

and to take ownership of the folder here:

http://windows.mercenie.com/windows-8/how-to-take-ownership-permission-of-a-file-or-folder-in-windows-8/

These permission rarely have to be set but I've seen quite a few time where permissions and ownership do get screwed up. Worth a look.

But as said above, runnign SB as admin should temporarily do the same thing and is much simpler.

That's about the best I can come up with at the moment...

Rich...

• Like 1

Yay - run as admin got my fonts back. So far I can't seem to change the security to let me get them as a user. I'm probably just rushing  and missing something - I'll check out the link later tonight. Thanks so much to everyone for their help! Have a great weekend!! 

Di 

Good to hear you got it working. If you can figure out the security settings, it might make it permanent. But we are talking "windows" here... Good luck!

• Like 1

Sorry for jacking the thread, but I'm having a different problem, but still with SB fonts.  I can see them in my windows font folder, but when I try to use one in Illustrator it allows me to choose the font, but then the whole word I typed just disappears.  I change it to a different, non-SB font, and viola it's there.  Are SB fonts only usable in SB? I don't use SB any longer and would just as soon uninstall if I can't use them elsewhere.  Any help is appreciated.

Try this, when you type a SB font, select it (highlight the text) and change the color.

It's possible the text is still there, but it's appearing as white (which makes it disappear on the white screen background) !!!

You can also copy and paste them into the windows fonts folder from the dedicated sb font folder. I do this to use sb fonts in corel

You can also copy and paste them into the windows fonts folder from the dedicated sb font folder. I do this to use sb fonts in corel

However, he claims they are already located in there --

"I can see them in my windows font folder..."

Di, in advanced properties you can set the application to Run as Administrator.

Right Click on the start icon,

Select Properties,

Select Advanced

click the Run as Administrator check box.

Click OK twice.

post-1636-0-58540400-1418659248_thumb.pn

Hey folks -

I'm new to the forum but I've been using Signblazer Elements and my MH 721-MK2 for about a year and a half now.  Aside from the occasional headache everything has been going pretty well. I'm posting on this thread because I started having the same problems at the OP, but it started in a different way. I was working with a design the other day and the software locked up on me. When I finally got it to close and reopen, my design had been corrupted (everytime I tried to open it, SB said there was an error opening the file). Annoying but it wasn't devastating. I got it cleaned up, rewqorked the design, finished the project and didn't think anything about it. Well, now every time I go to a design I've previously made with an SB font, the SBF portion of the design is corrupted and I can't correct it without the software locking up again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times now and tried all the solutions offered on this thread to the OP without any success. Hoping someone else is working on Christmas Eve too! TIA

*** FYI: I copied the fonts to my Windows font folder (running Windows 7) and thought just to get my orders done today I'd work on recreating my designs (which are nearly all text) in Photoshop, saving as JPG and vectoring them in SB. When I tried to type text with an SBF font in Photoshop, it gave the error "Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from initializing." HUH??? I took a screen shot of the Photoshop error but don't see how to upload my JPG of that here.

*** Last Update - tried to come back and just delete my post because I was a doofus and hadn't rebooted my machine after walking through suggested corrections in this thread. After reboot all is well. Thanks anyway folks!

Preaching, can you post one of the bad .sbf files so we can look at it.

I still don't have my fonts. With the admin workaround I had them but then it wouldnt cut. I haven't needed to do a lot of letters so I haven't dealt with fixing it yet...

You need to run SignBlazer Pro or Hotshot Demo, access through SignBlazer Elements Help menu.

Select text, it will show all fonts available to Demo. Select "All TTF Fonts"

Close Demo.

All fonts are now available to SignBlazer Elements.

If you tested the Demo and selected a group of fonts to use, ONLY THOSE FONTS ARE AVAILABLE to Elements

By selecting All TTf Fonts in the demo, you regain access to all fonts on your PC

demo.JPG

1 hour ago, Radrotor said:

You need to run SignBlazer Pro or Hotshot Demo, access through SignBlazer Elements Help menu.

Select text, it will show all fonts available to Demo. Select "All TTF Fonts"

Close Demo.

All fonts are now available to SignBlazer Elements.

If you tested the Demo and selected a group of fonts to use, ONLY THOSE FONTS ARE AVAILABLE to Elements

By selecting All TTf Fonts in the demo, you regain access to all fonts on your PC

demo.JPG

Welcome from the Americas - you do realize this thread hasn't been used for over 4 years right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I hear the anthem now....."Lets do the time warp again....."

lol  ♪  ♫   ♪   ♫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1