Sign in to follow this  
mcrocker

Titan 2 Cutting Issue

I'm cutting something that has a frame on it and the cutter is doing the text inside perfectly but it keeps cutting the frame wrong. Instead of having an inside line and outside line, it is cutting as if it shifts after cutting the inside line and then the outside frame is off. It ends up lining up the outside and inside frame at the same point and so it ends with one line around 2 sides of the frame and the other 2 sides have double the thickness they are suppose to have. And it's not the same each time. I did 2 in a row that turned out with one having the top and bottom side and one side with 1 line, other side with double thickness. The next one had 1 line going around the bottom and left side while the top and right have double thickness.

Anyone know something I could do to fix this? We already had to get rid of one machine from another company because of alignment that went off and couldn't be fixed, I really hope it's not happening now with this one.

Thanks

How are you creating the frame?

You probably should be using SignBlazer which has a really nice "Border" drawing feature

Here ya go -- SignBlazerElements -- no charge.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

IIRC, the driver that works for the titan is Copam cp2500

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/44911-pulled-the-trigger-today/#entry358847

"I've been using SBE with a Titan II for several months and it works great..."

maybe its your file post it up and someone can look at it.

• Like 1

Is there a version for Mac users?

No Mac Signblazer... and this is even abandon ware.  Owner passed away several years ago and has not been updated for many years. 

maybe its your file post it up and someone can look at it.

That would be my guess also. 

I'm still having trouble with this. Sign Blazer just gives me an error when I try to open/import ANY file type. 

I've also tried contacting the company and they just seem to have no clue and tell me things that have nothing to do with the problem I'm having.  I'm attaching a photo here of a mat that  I cut. And you guys will be able to see what I'm talking about with the frame being off while everything else is fine. 

See the frame is double the thickness it should be on 2 sides and just one line on the other 2 sides, but all the text is perfectly fine like it should be.

Thanks anybody that has a look!

1zm15ag.jpg

I know nothing about the Titan,,,Signblazer has not been updated for several years,  but that design could very easily  be recreated in Signblazer and cut

I can't make any sense of Signblazer I just keep getting errors and the program is kind of a mess, I don't know how to use it.

It looks like your letters are great, and the lines are nice and straight-so i am guessing its the file --can you post your file? We can review it.

Looks like the machine is cutting very well. 

ok this is the file that I just cut a few minutes ago. It cut the 2 small ones perfectly, but the big one the frame is perfect on the sides but has shifted so there's double on the top and nothing on the bottom.  https://www.sendspace.com/file/upbh7y It's like it's not even consistent with what's shifting. Sometimes it's top/bottom sometimes it's left/bottom etc. And the other day it did one that was off by a good 3".

I have no way of opening it....  It says Scut3 file.  

Can't you export the file as an .eps file from your program?

You need to redo the frames, on 2 sides they have dashed lines instead of solid. Is it cutting it like a perforation?

Also, the Text is doubled... There was an 'unset' stroke on the border as well.

In the original file neither of those things are happening. Not sure if it's just the switch to .svg or what. But the way it's messing up doesn't make sense. I just cut 2 mats that came out perfectly, then the next one, that was made from the same file as the other 2, messed up just slightly like just the thicker on 2 sides and nothing on other 2 sides, then I tried it again and it messed up even further. It can't be with the files cause it's messing up the same file in different ways.

In the original file neither of those things are happening. Not sure if it's just the switch to .svg or what. But the way it's messing up doesn't make sense. I just cut 2 mats that came out perfectly, then the next one, that was made from the same file as the other 2, messed up just slightly like just the thicker on 2 sides and nothing on other 2 sides, then I tried it again and it messed up even further. It can't be with the files cause it's messing up the same file in different ways.

I got it from the first DL. Scut3. Not the second. So it wasn't the switch.   Try cutting something else and see if there is a problem.

Inkscape, VinylMaster and SignCut are all showing extra strokes on the text of yours too, led.