DNA_Vinyl

Need help vectoring this please

Since a vector file was found, that one was just a matter of removing and welding everything to get to a nice cut able file.

Side note, anyone have any idea why there were so many shapes behind other shapes that you couldn't even see in the first place? Seems like an overly complex file for no real reason.

darcshadow some graphic designers use clipping masks and multiple layers to keep people like us from being able to use them without permission if they dont know how to break the artwork down. I found an easy way around that too by placing medium to low quality .png/.jpeg files into my work so even when opened in a vector program all they can do is trace the bitmap. I agree this image is far too simple for all that BS though.

DNA its not hard to clean up an image like this just takes time. It helps to make several copies of the one main image and break into the (in this case 3) individual colors. This one was a black background with yellow, red, more black and then white with black which I would cut the facial feature through the white to show from the previous black layer. Each color was so "fudged" up it involved releasing multiple clipping layers and then welding all those together to make a solid shape. Being that there is no gradient colors not sure why the designer did it this way but whatever not my artwork. When working with images this bad I prefer (once the colors are separated) to work in outline mode so I can see for sure that I clear all the intersecting lines.

Oh ya I was in outline mode the whole time. It was pretty crazy but it just took patients.