Jarod

Origin point

My MH cutter had no regard for the origin point set. It will start cutting where ever and scribbling.....

Not enough info,  Is the cutter grounded to the stand, if you have a stand?  If on USB cable always best to be on a serial connection. A Tripplite Keyspan Adapter makes for a great connection on the  value cutters..

The cutter is not going to start cutting at the origin point, it will measure the distance from that origin point that you set, for the size of the design.  Most designs start cutting at the point that the design was made at.  Which can be even many feet away from the origin point, depends on how large the design is.  But it still cuts the design correctly and comes back to finish all of the design.  The Origin point is the starting measuring point for your design. so your cutter knows where to measure from.

I make large designs, and many of those may advance the vinyl 5ft, before the cutting starts...But it comes back and does all of the design..

Yes, the cutter is on a stand...and I have not installed the ground, yet. I thought the origin point let the cutter know where the vinyl is... If I am using a scrap piece, say.

If you don't get the ground wire installed on that cutter, you can fry the zchip as well as the board., There is a lot of static in vinyl and it discharges thru the carriage head, as it has no where else to go.

The origin point is where the cutter starts measuring your design from,  so it in the correct area of the vinyl. And you must make sure you have enough vinyl for your design, so that the cutter blade does not run off your vinyl and damage your blade as well as your cutting strip.

Also do not ever be pulling from a vinyl roll while cutting,  always have enough slack of vinyl to do the order.

• Like 1

You set the origin point by pressing the origin or set origin button. If you move the cutting head manually, or via the control panel, then make sure to set that origin again.

thank you.... I will install the ground now. You have been very helpful.

Mz Skeeter is correct about the ground wire, my SC would stop from time to time and cut random lines. Once I installed the ground wire all the problems related to that were gone. 

If you choose the WYSIWYG option on the computer, will it start exactly where the blade is? If so, its still not working for alignment. I insert the vinyl directly against the right side of the cutter and when it starts cutting it moves over about an 1 1/2 inch over causing it to waste vinyl. Then I tried to move it over but it doesn't cut in the right area. My paper is about 20 inches wide. Is there a video that can help me with alignment and cutting multiple images?  I'm new to this vinyl cutting process and doesn't want to keep wasting vinyl.

I dont use the wysiwyg option. I use the origin option. I also dont have the vinyl directly on the right side. It doesnt cut there. Move it over to the left a little where the cutter will actually cut. This will save you some vinyl.

*note - everytime I load my paper I set my origin

Try this kays1207

If you choose the WYSIWYG option on the computer, will it start exactly where the blade is? If so, its still not working for alignment. I insert the vinyl directly against the right side of the cutter and when it starts cutting it moves over about an 1 1/2 inch over causing it to waste vinyl. Then I tried to move it over but it doesn't cut in the right area. My paper is about 20 inches wide. Is there a video that can help me with alignment and cutting multiple images?  I'm new to this vinyl cutting process and doesn't want to keep wasting vinyl.

Most cutters will only cut the area between the pinch rollers. Make sure your pinch rollers are on the ends of the vinyl and over a grit roller.

• Like 1