Sign in to follow this  
The Elvis Legacy

License Plates for Sub

I have not started sublimating just yet but was interested in doing the cell phone cases and the license plates.  I know that Conde sells the License plates for almost $4 each if Im not mistaken.  I then saw some for sale on ebay for a little over $1 each.  Is this a situation where you get what you pay for?  Are there different qualities of substrates?

Yes there sure is I have never had much luck with stuff on ebay unless someone is going out and has old stuff from Coastal Business Supply or Conde, but thats not to say they can;t be found.

There are some folks that have good luck but you would have to find which ones they are,  I would not buy a bunch from someone on ebay or you could get stuck with garbage...

Sometimes you can find them on sale and buy bulk such as these right now on Coastals site (They have good plates)

http://www.coastalbusiness.com/search.aspx?find=license+plate

post-2057-0-64915900-1412432721_thumb.jp

• Like 1

? so, at the above mentioned $4 per plate to sell, finished, that $139 for 50 does not sound like there is much left to make off of these$60?....did I read something wrong?

finished plates go for $10-$12 - sometimes more depending on where you are - so you decide if $6-8 profit is worth it of course factor in your ink, printer and time

I have ordered license plate blanks from these guys before.  http://www.digitalgrafx.biz/servlet/the-UV-PLUS!-Dye-Sublimation-Blanks/Categories.   I did waste some blanks dialing all the settings in.  The coating is softer then the unisub blanks and if you use too much pressure or heat you will get something similar to orange peel on the finished product. It took some trial and error before i found the correct setting that worked for me plus some help from some of the guys at t-shirtforums.com

Wish we had a market for plates around here....dang cops need to see us comin and goin!

Really do like the work you guys do with them though.