wickedstangs

embroidery digitizing software

I think there are a couple conversion programs out there and some supposed to be free. I was under the impression that most of the embroidery programs would open AI files. I do some digitizing for a local embroidery house here in town and they have never batted an eye about .ai format. 

• Like 1

My understanding was digitizing for embroidery also involved directions of stitches and stuff like that. Don't know if that's true just what I was told.

• Like 3

both are correct, I have open file in the free digitizing software but, upon further review, those free software's, that do auto digitizing are a joke.  I can show some examples..  I would like to get into digitizing but, not sure which software are recommended.. I have found that some of the software are like 1000 dollars plus.  I sent some file to a digitizing company and man they did an excellent job.  When I opened in my free editor wow it was done so nicely.

• Like 1

we had a machine for a year and there is a real talent to digitizing those correctly for the thread direction and density.  I outsourced for those reasons

• Like 1

My wife does embroidery and she uses Wilcom deco studio, quite costly but it is the best and comes in different levels, also it came bundled with corel draw/paint.

I've digitized embroidery for at least 10 years. Brother and Babylock both use Pes format. But there are free programs to convert other formats to Pes. And some inexpensive programs that are great. I personally favor both palette and PED. Brother and Babylock are dang near exact programs and equipment.. I've never seen the format of ai.

Following...

Looking into a Babylock machine and curious also about taking my illustrator artwork into a PES file format as well.