Justin737

Having problems remaking a fill

Hi,

I have been trying to remake this image and cant figure out how to remake the fill in the word WOODLAND. Its like a speckled fade? Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

post-68260-0-13612500-1412298664_thumb.j

Not sure.. its like a texture.. not familiar with using gradient fills. can something like that be done with that?

Don't know Corel but, in Photoshop = Filter>Pixelate>Mezzotint is a good start.

Added a transparent gradient over that.

post-43059-0-73536100-1412301795_thumb.p

Looks like the same filters a gradients can be used in Illustrator with masks, as well.

(Had to look and see, though. It's not my go-to software for this type of action.)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="skarekrow" data-cid="373428" data-time="1412301801"><p><br />

Don't know Corel but, in Photoshop> Filter> Pixelate>Mezzotint is a good start.<br /><br />

Added a transparent gradient over that.<br /><br />

<br /><br />

<a href='<a href='http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach%C2%A7ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=101970'>http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=101970</a>'>Woodland_02b.png</a><br /><br />

<br /><br />

Looks like the same filters a gradients can be used in Illustrator with masks, as well.<br /><br />

<span style='font-size: 12px;'>(Had to look and see, though. It's not my go-to software for this type of action.</span>)</p></blockquote>

Hmmm.. still can't figure it out. I'd like to find out future designs but that's pretty close. Think if I sent you the design you could apply that to the text for me and get it as close as you can?

Sure, post and/or send me what you have. Heading out the door right now but will be back in a couple hours.

Duplicate your white text, give it a speckled fill and then apply a gradient transparency - 0% at the bottom and 100% at the top, then adjust the mid-point to get the look you're going for.

That "give it a speckled fill" can't be done as posted without using masks.

You have to apply the specks then hide them, in graduation, with a layer or clipping mask.

Well, I said, "can't be done"... at least not with applied filters, without a mask.

You could find and use a speckled brush and apply a similar effect in a raster program without a mask.

Fact is, there are always many ways to achieve the same things with software.

I did this as I described it - I didn't take the time to find a better speckle pattern to use as a fill, but this was all done in CorelDraw X6.

post-24492-0-12218500-1412370484_thumb.p

That "give it a speckled fill" can't be done as posted without using masks.

You have to apply the specks then hide them, in graduation, with a layer or clipping mask.

I duplicated the white WOODLAND text on top of itself.

I then used the Interactive Fill tool to apply a 2-color pattern of dots, which I colored dark blue on a white background, to the top layer of white text.

I then applied the Transparency tool and selected Linear and drug the control boxes from the bottom up and adjusted the top and mid point to get the look I was going for.

All done in vectors with vector tools, no masks required.   It would probably be loads easier to do it in Photoshop (I wouldn't know, I suck with raster based graphics tools), but since this was the CorelDraw forum, I showed how I would do it in CorelDraw.

Think I figured it out! Probably play with it some more to get it right. Thanks for the help everyone!

post-68260-0-54966400-1412377160_thumb.j

• Like 1

Corel Photopaint. Did a noise effect on it then adjusted the color with the color management tool to get it close from there.