Sign in to follow this  
CajunCustom

Got My Cutter In Today Titan 2 28"

I got my cutter in today , they pack these things about bullet proof i guess they are used to Fedx box was beat but Titan was perfect , the setup was a little odd the instruction cd videos was kinda helpfull they list videos for MH / SC / Tc / Laser , series but none of these looked like the Titan 2 , so i had to wing the install , went together pretty simple , the blade takes a little getting used to to get set right not to bad , i installed Sure Cuts Alot Pro and thats where the fun begins lol i just didnt get a feel for the software , it took me well over a hour to get the computer to find the cutter , at that point i switched to Vinyl Master Pro glad people on here told me about that software its so easy even a Caveman can use it ;) , so here is my first cut something i put together with help from members here learning Corel and Adobe .

My suggestion Put Titan in the cd manual video or if one of those models is supposed to be Titan tell people what one , and 2 make the usb cable longer , when i went to plug it in i about freaked because my computer is on the left side so i had to almost put the cutter over my computer to plug it in.

post-88381-0-39529200-1412249468_thumb.j

• Like 5

Gee, My first cut was a box!

:huh: 

Lookin' good................

Sue2

• Like 1

all the set up info for Titan is on their website..  Titan has not been sold that long.  There is tons of support info there.  Looks good.   Uscutter does not make the cutters, they come in all boxed up from the manufacturer.  I even had to buy a longer USB for my Graphtec,, bought elsewhere.... They are cheap on the big auction site....

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/setup.php

Looks good. Great first cut for sure! I see a few squiggly lines here and there but that is probably the design.

The usb cable is it a normal usb cable or is there anything special about it that i would need to buy it from a certain place ?

The usb cable is it a normal usb cable or is there anything special about it that i would need to buy it from a certain place ?

Don't get one too long, sometimes the cutter won't be seen (some models). Not sure about the T2.

• Like 1

I think the set-up video is for Titan I. There's a mistake on the video that can throw you for a small loop. It's easy to figure out, though.

My USB connection works fine. The driver needed for Titan II has a strange name. I just happened to install the correct one by trial and error.

not sure if they went back and changed it but the original video also showed the 1/2 credit card which is 10 times too much blade

Great looking first cut!

I run my old P-Cut through a 10' USB cable I bought at Big Lots years ago. I think I paid < 5 bucks for it.

• Like 1

Ran a couple tonight just to see what sizes i could do , been real busy havent had any time at all to get this rig going

post-88381-0-12994600-1412393151_thumb.j

• Like 1

I just got the new titan 2 last night. i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or info on what pressure settings and speed is suggested for oracal 651 intermediate vinyl. Ive been using my girlfriends Cricut cutter which has been awesome but it presets the depth for you by selecting the word vinyl. So i was hoping for a little insight on what i should preset at? If anyone understands that lol... Thank you .

• Like 1

No 2 cutters are alike,  First set your blade correctly, then you would adjust your force...  Speed?  Start slow until you learn your cutter.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 3

Either i have no idea where to look or find, but i cant seem to figure out my new titan 2 i just got the other day,So im hoping someone could possible point me in the right direction ir lend some help. I have been using my girlfreinds cricut explore which has been an awesome machine for anything smaller than 12"x24" area. So i decided to get a bigger machine since ive been asked to do larger jobs and ive had alot of orders placed when i get the titan 2 going. I ve got it setup,Software (scal 3 pro) installed,Got my vinyl etc.Ive got the blade set for proper cutting depth and im ready to do the next step cut!!!

Now the Big Questions

1. What im not sure is ,Im using my old 12"W x ***L  vinyl for now for setting this upand test cuts.Do i pick my own area where the vinyl should come thru on the cutter or do i place to the far right or ?

2. Do i need OR how do i tell the cutter where my edge of material is etc? If you understand what im asking...like the x and y ? etc

3. Am i missing something else For being such a newbie to the big boy cutter world..

here is 1  ive done before my titan 2 purchase..

post-88251-0-60101100-1413657494_thumb.j

Move your carriage head of the cutter to where you want to start, lower right hand,  Hit origin..  The cutter cuts right to left.  Make sure you are cutting the right direction, so that your design does not start cutting off your vinyl.