Sign in to follow this  
Ralic

MH-721 Using too much press for cutting

hallo,guys I just bought a MH 721 , and  I am trying to cut with the recommend it settings that  UsCutter  provide(100 press) but my machine won't cut.  I had to set it to (170 press)to make the cut. Is that ok to use those settings? Or is something wrong with the cutter?

Please help me out I am totally knew on this, just bought the machine to use it as a hobby with my kids.

Thank you.

I am using Sure Cuts alot pro and windows 7

Every machine is different. If that works for you I don't see a problem.

heck depending on which generation of the mh-721 a setting of 80 - 200 could produce the same results - the "benchmark" seams to have changed and it appears to be an arbitrary number instead of grams or anything

I think it's the second generation  MK2.Thanks guys I feel a lot better.I thought i was doing something wrong. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

depends on what you are cutting also. like flock material, glitter, hologram, sticky flock. when I had a MH721 last year it would cut regular vinyl and t-shirt vinyl at 100 pressure and at 180 to 200 would do the thicker material.

sounds like you don't have enough blade out.

I don't think it's the blade, I am pretty sure I have enough blade. like I said before I have the same settings that UsCutter recommends

T shirt vinyl is what  I' m cutting

are you sure the carriage head wheels are firmly in the track and the blade holder is firmly in the carriage head?  Just double checking,, has been a problem before...

Everything seems to be in the right place firmly tide ,just  something that I don't know if it is suppost to be  like that. the blade holder moves up and down .I mean  I can Move the blade holder up and down with my finger..is that normal? 

You mean that the blade holder is coming out of the carriage head?  The blade holder should be locked down tight..  Is there something broken /cracked? 

Tank you , Mr. mZ Skeeter for your Time,sorry if I'm not explaining my self right  Im gonna leave a link so you can view the video an tell me if this is normal .. or something is loose inside de carriage ,because thats the only thing it seems to be loose to me (If there is something loose)... like a said I bought this just to have fun with my kids. you know to make some t-shirts for the church

(my english is no my native language so I am sorry if I am misspealing something)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29dantpxketi9iq/20141003_171437.mp4?dl=0

The vertical movement is part of how it works.  It goes down to cut, and moves up so it can go side to side. 

• Like 1

Funny I had the same thing sometimes pressure can be as low as 32, but changed the blade over and now its set at 100ish on the same vinyl, obviously might not have the blade out as far, but try as I might cant set the blade to how it was before, still its working so not to bothered.:)