Sign in to follow this  
itsmejojo

contour cutting

ok So im sure this has been asked before or a ton.  but for some reason I still cant get it.  I am trying to do some contour cutting on my sc series cutter.  as everyone knows uscutter will not support contour cutting on the sc series even though its capable.  so is there anyone out there that can walk me through the steps.  ive tried the youtube video with the liyu one already with no luck.  I understand I have to manually set up the registration points.  I get the cut with in an inch or so from where it needs to be. I am using sure cuts a lot pro cutting software.  I can get to the point in the program where it wants me to calibrate the machine and set the points but I cant use the cursors on the software cause it needs to be manually done.  so I go though the process and when I get to the final registration mark on the software the cutter does nothing until I push the origin or current button on the cutter itself.  so if anyone has any directions for me it would be much appreciated.

I tired it once but gave up because I really had no use for it. When I tried it I was off by 1/16th of an inch I am sure if I messed with it I could figure it out.

But I did find a video on YouTube that put the SC in a undocumented setup mode so you could align the laser. I think it was a liyu video actually I don't remember for sure but I know you had to hold a button down which put the unit in some undocumented setup mode.