Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

New software = Quieter cutter

I bought Vinylmaster Pro V4 and spent a couple hours designing different things to start learning the new software today. When I got around to actually cutting a design I noticed something different right away.

As soon as it started working I thought something was wrong, it was noticeably quieter as it went about it's job. I tried to think of a reason for just a second and remembered that not a single thing had changed.

After watching it and cutting a few more I realized it was quieter and the only thing different was the program telling it how to cut.  Has anyone else ran into this before?

From my experience Vinyl Master 4 cuts differently than Roland’s Cut Studio. I can cut the same exact file from an eps on Cut Studio and then on VM4 and VM4 weeds much easier. I also noticed VM4 is more sensitive to blade settings. I had a file with lots of acute angles and VM4 was lifting the edges. The same exact file on Cut Studio cut without lifting any edges.  I adjusted the blade a little on the cutter a GX-24 and Vinyl Master 4 stopped lifting corners.  All in all I am very happy Vinyl Master 4.  I jump between Illustrator and VM4 and some of the keyboard short cuts or lack of on VM4 annoy me but that’s about it

• Like 1