Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

first sign questions

i am not familiar with the colorplast yet, but what i usually do is give the customers the choice of what they can have and what it would cost them. most of the time they will pick the cheapest, but not always. i have done mostly alluninum and i choose the weight that wont bend in strong winds  ;D not much help....just my input.  ;D

lue anne

Make your sign as a banner. No frame, no wood, just a couple posts. make it a digitally printed banner with your department's vehicles in the background and some firefighters in turnout gear wearing monster makup. apply the "date" information by hand and you can remove it afterward so that it is ready for the following year.  daniel t

Guest fivestar

I agree with John, for being up only a month and a half out of the year, I'd go with Coroplast.  It costs me 8.95 for a 4x8 sheet from my local distributor so you can see it is very cheap and durable enough for what you will need it for.

Also I like the digital printed banner idea too.  You could make an awesome looking banner getting it digitally printed.

The digital printing would be nice but money is a major issue, I'll end up using the coroplast and making regular banners

Little story about Coroplast:

I lived near a Christmas Tree farm for 12 years. Every year a week before Thanksgiving,he put Coroplast signs up on utility poles all over the area. After Christmas they came down. I asked him,and he told me he has been using the same signs for 6 years.

An almost identical story regarding a local 'corn maze'.

At $1 each (or less) for 18x24,that's sure getting your money's worth.

Around here,people will crawl under your house and cut your wiring for the copper in it. I wouldn't expect an aluminum sign to last long either.

Just my 2p worth.

Funny you should say that about the copper wire, last year we went to the haunted house to get ready to open and someone had broken in to the basment and cut all of our wiring!

Where are you guys getting the coroplast for $1.00 ? I see it for $5-$8

Guest Terry

What I want to know... Is who carries polybag sign blanks ?